Documentation on permissions

Is there new documentation that talks about the permissions in fop2? The current documentation only explains some basic permission features but there are a lot more and was wondering what they do.

Thanks
-Dimitry

Comments

• there is no new documentation yet, if you have any specific questions I might try to answer.

Best regards,
  • I documented what I thought all of the permissions meant. Could you fill in the blanks or ? and update the ones I did not document correctly?

all = all permissions

dial = Have the ability to dial using fop2

hangup = Have the ability to hangup anyones phone

hangupself = Have the ability to hangup only your phone

meetme = ?

pickup = Have the ability to pickup from a queue

record = Have the ability to record anyones conversation

recordself = Have the ability to record your conversation

sms = ?

smsmanager = ?

spy = Have the ability to spy on a call

transfer = Have the ability to transfer a call internally within the system

transferexternal = Have the ability to transfer a call internally and externally within the system

queuemanager = Have the ability to add or delete from the queue

queueagent = ?

phonebook = ?

chat = ?

preferences = ?

voicemailadmin = Have the ability to listen to anyones voicemail

Thanks
    -Dimitry
  • I documented what I thought all of the permissions meant. Could you fill in the blanks or ? and update the ones I did not document correctly?

meetme = Lets you manage queues/members

sms = lets you send sms from extensions subaction menu if you have khomp gsm cards and external number defined for extensions

smsmanager = lets you send sms to any number via standalone send sms form (requires also khomp gsm cards)

spy = Have the ability to spy on a call

queueagent = ability to add/remove/pause yourself from queues

phonebook = lets you open the phonebook

chat = lets you initiate a chat

preferences = lets you open the individual preference window
  • Can you explain the difference between meetme, queueagent and queuemanager?

Thanks
    -Dimitry
  • meetme is the original asterisk's conference application. if you have the "meetme" permission in fop2, you can manage users that are participating in that conference (mute/unmute/kick/lock). meetme is not related at all with queues.

Queues are another standard asterisk application. With the queueagent permission you will have menu options in your action submenu (related to your own extension), to add/remove/pause/unpause yourself from any queue.

The queuemamager permission lets you do the same for any extension, and also pause/unpause/remove from the submenu that appear when clicking on the queue members list (in the queuee button itself).