Correct permissions for listen and whisper

I have just installed the latest FOP2 (2.25) and the FOP2 FreePBX module(1.2.10) licensed versions. I cannot get the Listen and Whisper button to display on the action bar. By adding the Spy permission I get the listen button but I have to add the ALL permission to get whisper.

As a secondary question, is there a way to assign some permissions to certain buttons and different permissions to other buttons? For instance, I have a call center manager I would like to have listen and whisper to the call center buttons but only minor permissions to other buttons.

Third, is there a way to assign permissions quickly in bulk to many FOP users and to change them in bulk?

Thanks.

Comments

• You can add the "whisper" permission manually in your fop2 users page. The whisper will be deprecated, next versions will require only spy for both actions. Thanks for the pointer.
  • So you are saying to just type in the word "whisper" in the user permissions?

How will we differentiate the whisper permission in future versions?
  • Yes, just type "whisper" in the permissions box. The future version will use just "spy" for both actions.
  • Regarding deprecating the granular permission behavior of spy: listen vs listen+whisper. Is there any technical limitation/reason that this was changed? Any chance of getting the old behavior back?
  • The future version will use just "spy" for both actions.
    Pls change documentation, now:
    Whisper
    Required permission: whisper
    change to:
    Whisper
    Required permission: whisper (spy from version 2.2x)
  • Fixed, thanks for the pointer.