Chat Notification when User Logs In or Out

Hi Nicolas,

Great tool. Thank you!

Quick Question - Any time a user has sent a chat message to another user, and either party logs out (or logs in) the chat notification activates. This can be confusing. We use the tool company wide for inner office IM and all day employees are asking why they rec'd a chat notification when the other party didn't actually send them anything. It seems to just continue triggering a notification each and every time either party logs in or out?

Is this configurable? Can this be turned off?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for the great tool!

--Nick

Comments

• Hi Nick,

The notification is sent to opened chat windows. At least that was the original idea. Perhaps you open a chat, then close it, and after both parties closed it, you still receive the notification when one of the users logs out ? I will have to check...
  • We are seeing this issue in the latest stable version, as well. Is there a fix or planned fix?

Thanks
    Cullen
  • Yes - Still an issue for us as well. Very confusing. It alerts as if a message occurred but it is simply another user logging in or out. No message.
  • I will work on a fix now. Check back tomorrow for the file http://download.fop2.com/fop2.js and replace your current one with the updated I will make today (it will work only for fop 2.27 final).

EDIT: The patch is done, you can get the fop2.js file now if you want to test. Backup your original one just in case (/var/www/html/fop2/js/fop2.js).