URL/Application Popup for user

Hopefully this is not a double post.

One thing my users miss a lot when i move them from HUD to FOP, is the user pop up URL.
For example when they answer the ringing line, a URL based on the caller ID number pops up.
some clients have CRM website that can for example open up caller web page when they answer the line( or ring).

Comments

• You can try the google chrome extensions that has exactly that feature, and you do not need to have the fop2 page open to get popup, and also it will convert numbers in crm web pages to click to call links.
  • You can try the google chrome extensions that has exactly that feature, and you do not need to have the fop2 page open to get popup, and also it will convert numbers in crm web pages to click to call links.
  • Nice!
    its pretty neat.
    looks like you can get a URL popup when you get a ring, would it be possible to have it to popup when you answer the call?
  • Yes, you can get a popup on agent connect. That means when a queue member answers a call (it does not work for regular calls, only queue delivered calls and when you set eventwhencalled=yes in queues.conf).

You can enable that in fop2.cfg (notify_on_connect=1).

Best regards,
  • Hello

I am very interested in this feature.

Do I understand it correctly? When a call comes in and gets connected to an agent, there is a possibilty to popup a custom URL? This would be exactly what my client is looking for. If this is possible, we could purchase fop2 for this project.

Is there any description how to do this?

Thanks

Michael
  • To popup custom urls you can edit /var/www/html/fop2/checkdir.php, there are a couple of commented examples on how to do that. You can also use the Google Chrome Extension for the popups (without the need to code in php your custom popup, or having fop2 open to get the popups).
  • Thanks a lot. Got it working nicely. Not very difficult as soon as I started to understand it. ;-)

Just wondering: There is no event when the call is ended, right? I dont use a popup but load into the asternicTag div. Would be nice to close this information as soon as the call is finished.
  • There are HANGUP events, but you might have more than one call active at a time, so acting upon those events can be troublesome. You can use the FOP2Callbacks.pm file to perform actions on standard AMI events, an jscallback.js to do the same on the client side. It is a harsh road, be prepared.
  • Hello,

I have installed Asterisk 1.8.12.0 and FOP2 2.25 but when I added a code in checkdir.php then if doesn't pop up the window.

========================
    echo '<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">';
    echo "\n var w = 100;\n";
    echo "var h = 40;\n";
    echo "var left = Number((screen.width/2)-(w/2));\n";
    echo "var tops = Number((screen.height/2)-(h/2));\n";
    echo "window.open(\"http://abc.com/abc.php?go=ok\", \"_blank\", \"toolbar=no, scrollbars=no, location=no, status=no, resizable=yes, top=550, left=1100, width=200, height=200\")";
    ===============================

Please let me know what settings do i need to do .

Thanks in advance !
  • I have no idea where did you wrote that code, the checkdir.php has some functions and you must place your javascript code inside those functions, not in any place.

Also, you must just output javascript headers on the page (as the commented sections in checkdir.php shows, writing <script> won't do the trick. Example:
       header("Content-type: text/javascript");
       echo "window.open('http://www.google.com/search?q=$clidname');\n";

Also, you must set notify_on_ringing and/or notify_on_connect to 1 in fop2.cfg

Best regards,
  • The code is added in checkdir.php under function custom_popup($ALLVAR) .

I have added another code to write the file just below pop up script and it get executed without an issue however no pop up window. Also set both notify_on_ringing and notify_on_connect to 1 in /etc/asterisk/fop2/fop2.cfg
  • Ok, but as I said, this is wrong:

echo '<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">';

replace it for this:

header("Content-type: text/javascript");