Feature request from client

I have a client with about 40 extensions asking if there is a way to organize them into groups, i.e. Sales, Service, Rooms, etc.
So instead of all the extensions appearing in the Extensions section of the FOP2 UI, they'd appear in separate sections (like Trunks, Conferences, Parks, etc. do now).

I thought I might be able to do this using the existing Groups, but it doesn't work that way.

Comments

• Thats exactly what the "group" parameter is for:
    http://www.fop2.com/docs/#ConfiguringButtons

group=Sales

group=Service
  • That's what I thought. But in my testing the groups appeared to function to limit which extensions are shown, but not group them; like permission groups, not organizational groups.

I setup three groups, each with a small subset of buttons. The user to which I assigned these group saw ONLY the extensions in those groups, and all appeared in the "Extensions" section of the UI.
  • In the "Fop2 buttons" page you can edit all your buttons, and you will see that for Extension buttons there is a "group" field. That field is the one that is used to organize the display (and not filter like the 'fop2 groups' tab). So, you can edit your buttons, fill the group field with any name, and all extensions with the same group name will be shown in its own group. Check the screencast to get an idea:

• Perfect. Thank you Nicolas!