Voicemail move/delete not working

This may have already been found, but I found a bug in the download.php file for playing voicemails. The diff is
attached. This is for fop2-2.29.01

The other problem I have is that I can not delete or move voicemails from the Voicemail explorer. I can right click on
the voicemail entry and drag it to the trash box or one of the other folders and nothing happens. The icons highlight
like it is going to work but the VM never gets moved. Any hints on how I might debug this? Both Asterisk and
Fop2 are running as the same user but the web service is not. Seems like it might be a permissions problem but
I can not find any errors in any logs.

Comments

• Thanks for the patch! did you try capturing full debug on the server side for when you attempt to move or remove a voicemail?

http://support.asternic.biz/?/selfhelp/view-article/how-to-debug-fop2/10
  • Hmm, looks like it may be a Context problem. In this instance, I was trying to move a voicemail from the Old folder to the Family folder. We are running a multi-tenant setup. Log is attached.
  • Thanks for the log. How is FOP2 being configured? Via FOP2 manager? Manually? What kind of voicemail setup do you have? is it file based or ODBC based?
  • Configured Manually via .cfg files. Standard local voicemail files in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail. Running Asterisk 1.4.44 with an old Thirdlane front end. OS is Gentoo, which is also a little non standard, but is kept up to date with latest patches and builds.
  • Ok, this is the part that maybe the forum is not the best place as it might release sensitive information. Can you share a copy of your buttons config file and voicemail.conf files so I can try to replicate the setup locally?
  • Do you want the full content of both files or just the relevant tenant parts?

Also here is another oddity I just noticed. If I hit the "Play" icon for a voicemail in the New folder, the voicemail plays just fine. But if I change to the "Old" folder and attempt to play a message from there, it does not play, the icon turns to '!', and I see this in the apache error log file... (PHP-5.5.25)

[fixed]
    [Fri Sep 04 12:36:47 2015] [error] [client 50.34.75.98] PHP Warning: fseek() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/fop2/download.php on line 81, referer: redacted
    [Fri Sep 04 12:36:47 2015] [error] [client 50.34.75.98] PHP Warning: feof() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/fop2/download.php on line 90, referer: redacted
    [Fri Sep 04 12:36:47 2015] [error] [client 50.34.75.98] PHP Warning: ftell() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/fop2/download.php on line 90, referer: redacted
    [Fri Sep 04 12:36:47 2015] [error] [client 50.34.75.98] PHP Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/fop2/download.php on line 99, referer: redacted
    [Fri Sep 04 12:36:47 2015] [error] [client 50.34.75.98] PHP Warning: feof() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/fop2/download.php on line 90, referer: redacted
    [Fri Sep 04 12:36:47 2015] [error] [client 50.34.75.98] PHP Warning: ftell() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/fop2/download.php on line 90, referer: redacted
    [Fri Sep 04 12:36:47 2015] [error] [client 50.34.75.98] PHP Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/fop2/download.php on line 99, referer: redacted

[/fixed]
  • Found the problem which was indeed permission problems for the above problem. When Asterisk moved a voicemail from INBOX to Old, it changed the permission of the .wav file from 755 to 600. So now the download.php script running as the web user, could not read it any longer.

Fix was to use the
    externnotify=/path/to/script
    option in the voicemail.conf file to run a script that changes the mode and group settings to something that the web user could read. This script is fired off after every run of the Comedian Voicemail App for a given mailbox.

Still have the problem with the voicemail explorer in Fop2 is not moving or deleting voicemail files via the drag and drop web method.
  • Open the fop2 server in debug mode and look for other potential permission issues in that log:

http://support.asternic.biz/?/selfhelp/view-article/how-to-debug-fop2/10
  • Should not be a permissions problem as both the asterisk and fop2 servers run under the same UID. Did the debug and it is the same as the original log I posted in this thread. I think it's a context problem with the correct context not being passed to the fop2 server and/or asterisk.

Below I try and move (by dragging) a voicemail from the inbox to the Trash area.
    Client 73.157.40.18:53919, user: 258@NUOZ, type: websocket (AnyEvent::Handle=HAS
    H(0xeaeb3c4))
    73.157.40.18:53919   <= <msg data="41|movevmail|!INBOX!0000|9827e4bad37f3b9f64c7
    4ed852e2cb68" />

-- PROCESS_FLASH_COMMAND origen 41 accion movevmail destino !INBOX!0000 password
     9827e4bad37f3b9f64c74ed852e2cb68

Invalid context

Deleted messages 0000

++ GET SERVER for SIP/258-NuOz = localhost
    127.0.0.1            -> Action: UserEvent
    127.0.0.1            -> UserEvent: FOP2VMAIL
    127.0.0.1            -> Channel: SIP/258-NuOz
    127.0.0.1            -> Mailbox: 258@default-NuOz

127.0.0.1            <- Response: Success
    127.0.0.1            <- Message: Event Sent

• Hello,
    I have the same problem with an elastix multi tenant