voicemail

Hi! I have 2 questions aboute voicemail

1. I want to change folder name in voicemail manager (Work,Family,Friends). How cane I do this?
2. We use hardphones. It blink when voicemail is not empty. When I delete all voicemails by asterisk voice menu (even from another phone), the phone stops blink. If I del messages from FOP2, it continue blink. Can we solve this issue?

Comments

• 1. You cannot rename folders via FOP2, you should change the commedian voicemail application in Asterisk itself, as those paritcular folders as far as I know are hardcoded.

2. You must edit voicemail.conf in asterisk and tweak the variables

pollmailboxes=yes
    pollfreq=30

That will make asterisk check for voicemail changes every 30 seconds, and when done it will notify phone lights. You can decrease time if you wish.

Best regards,

• 1. Probably, I incorrectly explained. I want to change this (attach). Fro example, I want 'New, Old, Important, Temporary, Save'

2. Thank you! It works!
  • Please answer point 1 in previous post.

PS. Sorry for to many question. I think, it will be the last=)
    May be some of you answer add to doc?
  • edited January 2017
    I tryed to edit index.php and replace all 'Friends' word by, for example, 'Important'. After this I see 'Important' tab if FOP2, can move voicemail to it, bun in FOP2 it always empty, even voicemail exists in this folder on a disk.

If it will take a lot of time, dont care aboute it.
  • Asterisk has HARDCODED folders in its voicemail application, you cannot change those names as far as I know. You can create custom folders, but they are not supported in FOP2 and besides, their hardcoded names are still hardcoded. This comes straight from app_voicemail source:

#ifdef IMAP_STORAGE
    imapfolder,
    #else
    "INBOX",
    #endif
    "Old",
    "Work",
    "Family",
    "Friends",
    "Cust1",
    "Cust2",
    "Cust3",
    "Cust4",
    "Cust5",
    "Deleted",
    "Urgent",
    };

You can change names in FOP2, but commedian mail will fail showing things if folders are not the ones set as hardcoded in the app itself.

Best regards,
  • I thinked I can use any name I want. It puts everything in its place.
    Thank you!
  • edited January 2017
    I tryed change 'Friends' to 'Cust1'. The result is the same. When I choose 'Work' tab there is 'No,Date,CallerID,Duration' fields. When 'Cust1' - nothing like this. Im trying to work with voicemail by FOP2 only, not by phone. FOP2 move message to Cust1, create folder on a disk and move message file. But late in FOP2 I cant see the massege in 'Cust1'. Its empty blank.

I ask too many question, In next releases if you will work with voicemail, please, remember this=)
  • Adding CustX folders seems to me like a waste of space. Voicemail appication is hardcoded, and I won't be able to bypass that. Perhaps I can add something like a dictionary, but that will BREAK consistency with asterisk, as voicemail application has voice prompts to move messages to Old, Friend and Work, and not Business, MyInventedName, etc.

So it is really not a good idea. FOP2 is modeled around Asterisk standards, and it will stick it that way. And having a bunch of CustX folders/tabs seems to me like a waste of space.

• edited January 2017
    Yes, my idea was like that. If operator have messages he want to save, he cane save it in custom folders. In my case its not problem that it will be no accessible from asterisk.

my second idea was to make Cust1 folder and in /lang in FOP2 rename it for interface. All works except FOP2 doesnt see files in this folder. But move messages to it without problem. Tomorrow I will load printscreen if you interested in it.

Thanks for explain.
  • I've got one use case for having Cust1 visible in the tabs. Using a Digium phone with DPMA, there is a button to record your phone calls. If you happen to use that instead of FOP2 to record a call, the phone drops it in Cust1. You can play it using the voicemail app on the phone, but you can't really do anything with it. If it was available in the Voicemail App in FOP2, then users would be able to download the file and store or email it.

This particular customer was just converted over to pure Asterisk from Switchvox, and surprisingly, Switchvox wouldn't let us download those recordings either. We actually had to play the recording back over the speaker and record it with a cell phone. With Switchvox, you can't get to anything, much less the underlying operation system. Worst. Mistake. Ever. recommending that closed up, locked up, system.
  • Hmmm... fop2 checks only inbox,old,work,family and friends. I will make it check for all harcoded folders.

Then users could modify index.html and remove or add folder panels at will, and use the lang files to change Cust names to something else.

I think that should work, but will require users to have a modified index.html version and translation files.

As today I released a new version (2.31.07), this feature won't be available until the next release (next month). If someone wants to test if it works before that, contact me detailing if you use centos/debian, 32 or 64 bits and I can prepare/compile a beta version with this.

Best regards,
  • edited January 2017
    Dont worry aboute it, its just small wish.
    Thank you for your sensitivity to a wishes!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file