Supervised transfer

Hi ,

Having small issues, when our reception do supervised transfer and end up can get the customer call line back in below case

Reception(9000) highlight extension ex 9001 and press supervised transfer button on FOP2 and put client on hold
9001 rining and pressed 'x' on the phone reject the call
9000 end up went to 9001's voice message bank and asking for leaving the message and client's line is not coming back.

I tried many ways and can't get the client line back to reception line if user pressed 'x' on the phone.
At moment reception is using pick up link from Main Trunk to get that line back .

Is there any smart way to fix this?

Thanks
Jacky

Comments

• I think the asterisk dialplan should be modiifed in this case, so if a supervised transfer is detected, it won't send the call to voicemail if its not answered, to allow the original call to come back to the transferee.

If you attempt to cancel the transfer once voicemail kicks in, I guess you are lost.. you can try to dial the hangup feature code from the phone (could be ## or ** , that is configurable in features.conf).

Best regards,
  • Hi altsupport,

Are you using vanilla asterisk ? If yes, edit features.conf. There is a star code there to cancel the supervised transfer. Not sure if it's the default but on our system we use *0.

It would be a very good improvement if FOP2 would add a cancel button that would send the dtmf we define using the AMI on the live channel. That way we could push a button to have the transfer cancel.

Keep me posted if you can't find the starcode or your system. You could print the output of 'core show features'
  • The PlayDTMF manager action does not work as you would expect, you cannot use it to "mimic" dialing from a real phone. Never had success using it that way.