All features working... except chat?

We recently setup FOP2 white label edition and everything seems to be working except chat. I have setup users with "ALL" permissions and I have ability to transfer, whisper, conference, etc. But no chat option. I understand it is included in the white label license, and the store says "no additional setup". Is there something I'm missing?

Comments

• edited January 2017
    It must be 'white label full' or 'white label IM Chat'. Is it? As I understand in white labe basic chat is not working. In my case all works from box after licence was installed. Do you try to use broadcast messages for extension group? Does it works?
  • White Label does not mean that includes chat. You can have a basic label with white label.

Try

/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test

If its the "Basic" version, it does not have Chat nor Voice Mail.

Broadcast works only if you have chat license.
  • Flash Operator Panel 2 - Valid License (/usr/local/fop2/fop2.lic)
    Flash Operator Panel 2 - Featureset: Voicemail Explorer & IM Chat
    Flash Operator Panel 2 - Allowed Tenants: 5
  • Besides chat not working, voicemail status can be seen, but no explorer function. Everything else seems to be working fine - kinda stumped and I can't find much reference to similar issues in the forums. Everything I've found that was remotely related (admin user access, database creation, etc) I checked and all is well. FOP2 has full db access and admin credentials all match.
  • edited January 2017
    Admin is absent, we all are waitig him. May be you have problem with pop-up or new windows in you browser? Do you have some protection against it? As I sad, in my case this all works 'from a box'. I dont think it will really help, but try to debug like this http://support.asternic.biz/?/selfhelp/view-article/how-to-debug-fop2/10

And have you a 'chat' privelege for this user?
  • Yeah, I tested with admin/full privilege accounts. There isn't even a chat option in the popup dialog amidst all the other options.
  • edited January 2017
    I tryed to remove 'chat' privelege. Chat option is persist, but I cant use it in this case. Looks like its problem with licence. Do you have more, than 15 extensions (if I dont foget, in free vesion 10-15 extensions maximum) ? Try to debug, I get in log
    # grep -i chat /var/log/fop2/fop2_debug.log | sort | uniq
    mi perm chat = 0  (0)
    ** SEND_STATUS_TO_FLASH  no envio porque el chat no es para el
    UserEvent = FOP2CHAT

What do you have?
    If debug will not help, waiting for admin..
  • Figured it out:

I noticed there was also an issue with presence as call activity wasn't displaying either. Additionally, FOP2 kept asking me to recreate users. I found original server configuration included "iSymphony" module so web root was directed to "cxpanel/" whereas FOP2 initially writes an alias for "panel/". FOP2 was pulling iSymphony settings which were only partially complete as there is no active iSymphony module, just the orphaned directory which keeps basic user profile data.

I updated alias to point "cxpanel" --> "fop2" and chat, voicemail, and presence all began working again.
  • That's odd, not sure how the alias/isymphony could affect fop2 manager or autoconfig scripts output..? anyways, I am glad you sorted it out! Best regards,
  • Looking at my notes, I think it was actually related to permissions on the fop2 directory. Last thing I did before the alias was a chown of the fop2 directory to asterisk. The whole issue stunk of permissions.

Regardless, everything's working now. Thanks for all your work, man! Glad to be part of the club!