Privacy Options

We have a setup where there are a number of support people and then administration. We would like to setup so that the support people can see who is online from both groups, but they should not be able to see the caller ID information for calls that the administration group is on. This works, BUT now the administration group cannot see the caller ID either. This even effects your extension when logged in (ie. Extension 500 cannot see caller ID for extension 500).

Is there a way to resolve this issue and if not, can this be submitted as a feature request going forward. Thanks!

Comments

• You will have to use panel contexts. But there is no visual tool to configure panel contexts, you will have to configure by hand or come up with your own scripts. Panel context are described in the documentation. One context button config is separate from another context button config, so you can have an administration context with no privacy options, and a support context with privacy.

Best regards,
  • Thank you for the quick reply, will look into that further. Really like the FreePBX addon and hope that it continues to be developed/enhanced to support all of the functionality! Very nice job with the program!
  • I have created several panel contexts that use different button config files. One file, contains the privacy=clid option for all extensions, and another file for admins that contain no privacy options. However, when an admin opens FOP2, he can't see any caller id's or call numbers, if I take out the privacy option in the first file, then the admins can see the numbers. It's behaving like the setting in the first file overrides the 2nd file. Can you let me know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
  • What FOP2 version are you using? How does your button config file looks like ?
  • We are using 2.26 and here's a snippet from our button config file...

for the admins: (Extensions have been edited for security)

[SIP/E0XXXXXXXXXX_1]
    type=extension
    label=JT 3888
    context=admin_sets
    extension=3888
    mailbox=3888@xxxx
    extenvoicemail=*213888@user_services

[SIP/E0XXXXXXXXXX_1]
    type=extension
    label=15th Board Room 3385
    context=executive_sets
    extension=3385

extenvoicemail=*87@user_services
    group = Vancouver

[SIP/E0XXXXXXXXXX_1]
    type=extension
    label=15th Floor Copy Room 3402
    context=executive_sets
    extension=3402

extenvoicemail=*21@user_services
    group = Vancouver

For regular users:

[SIP/E0XXXXXXXXXX_1]
    type=extension
    label=15th Board Room 3385
    context=executive_sets
    extension=3385

extenvoicemail=*87@user_services
    privacy=none
    group = Vancouver

[SIP/E0XXXXXXXXXX_1]
    type=extension
    label=15th Floor Copy Room 3402
    context=executive_sets
    extension=3402

privacy=none
    group = Vancouver

[SIP/E0XXXXXXXXXX_1]
    type=extension
    label=16th Floor Admin 3408
    context=executive_sets
    extension=3408

privacy=none
    group = Vancouver
  • Plus we have another group for another office that have this:

[SIP/W_XXXXXXXXXXXX]
    type=extension
    label=Catherine 3114
    context=executive_sets
    extension=3114
    mailbox=3114@xxxx
    extenvoicemail=*873114@user_services
    privacy=clid
    group = White Rock

[SIP/W_XXXXXXXXXXXX]
    type=extension
    label=Christina 3104
    context=executive_sets
    extension=3104
    mailbox=3104@xxxx
    extenvoicemail=*873104@user_services
    privacy=clid
    group = White Rock

[SIP/W_XXXXXXXXXXXX]
    type=extension
    label=Cory 3127
    context=executive_sets
    extension=3127
    mailbox=3127@xxxx
    extenvoicemail=*213127@user_services
    privacy=clid
    group = White Rock
  • All users, including admins cannot see the caller id's, so it seems like the last group which has "privacy=clid" is overriding the admin's and the Vancouver privacy settings.
  • You might want to upgrade FOP2, 2.26 is quite old and I remember there were some problems with privacy inheritance in older versions, that is what might be happening to you. Lets check:

changeset: 523:f9abe3a5278a
    user: Nicolas Gudino <nicolas@house.com.ar>
    date: Wed Jul 24 00:06:06 2013 -0300
    summary: Fix privacy in buttons to respect panel contexts

Fixed almost 3 years ago. Version 2.28 fixed that for sure. Version 2.29 changed the multi tenancy licensing (it is not more unlimited, so you might want to use 2.28).
  • Ok, will try that. Thanks for the quick response.
  • i am not sure if brakk was able to resolve this issue with the update, but i would love to be able to recreate something like this as well. I do not know if it has been at all addressed in 2.31 since but i will ask.

Can i set it up sort of like what the user above me has requested. I would like to have ADMINS not be restricted from seeing an extensions caller id or not be able to record them. But sales agents should not be able to see each others callerid's when on a call.

It looks like the user brakk may have gotten it to work but there has been no update. i do not have multiple offices or server, just the one. also i am using freepbx which has an autoconfig buttons file, so i am not sure if it has a custom buttons page that i would be able to edit if i could.

I was just hoping for a little guidance if this was possible in the present and continue this thread for a solution.

thanks!

• It is not possible to have privacy for some users.

You could use panel contexts (tenants) to have two separate button config files, but you will have to use custom configuration for that and not use the fop2 manager. One tenant can have privacy enabled, and a different tenant privacy not enabled.

Quite a bit of work, but it would be doable that way.