Ability to play recorded calls

The voicemail explorer is a nice add on, but currently there is no way to play recorded / monitored calls (without going to ARI). It would be nice to have the same kind of option / permission to play recorded calls from FOP2. Seems like this would be fairly easy to do.

Comments

• Hi,

It is not fairly easy to do at all. However the next version will include a recordings interface.

Best regards,
  • This was exactly what we are looking for also. We always have to log into the ARI to listen to recorded calls. Did you say that it would be included in a future release?

Thanks
    -Dimitry
  • It is already included, but only for recordings initiated via fop2.
  • We have recordings on for all calls, will future versions have the ability to listen to them?

Thanks
    -Dimitry
  • You can create your own post processing script and update the fop2recordings table. You have the tools, but you will have to code your own script and dialplan. fop2 does not control your whole pbx.
  • You can create your own post processing script and update the fop2recordings table. You have the tools, but you will have to code your own script and dialplan. fop2 does not control your whole pbx.

This would be very handy, since right now my FreePBX will not show the icons for "Play/Download" the monitored call recording..
  • We are using Trixbox and somehow if we do a manual recording, initiated via the phone with *1, the entry gets added to the fop2recordings table. Does anyone know where the script that does this would be?

Update: It also places the recording in the same directory format as FOP2 initiated recordings get placed /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/fop2/[date]
  • I finally got the fop2recordings updated with all the recorded calls. Can someone give me some ideas on how I can set permissions on recorded calls. I would like admin to be able to listen to all, managers to listen to a certain group of calls and everyone else to listen to their own calls. Should I create another flag in the database or go off the owner extension?
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
    -Dimitry
  • Permissions for recordings are not as granular as the fop2 permission system itself. Basically an "admin" user ('all' permissions set) will be able to see all recordings, while a regular user will see only their own.

Permissions are handled in the recordings.php file, maybe you can get creative and find a way to limit recordings also to a group. There are not many php session variables set, perhaps that could be and idea for the next release, to somehow export the fop2 permission object into a php session variable.

Best regards,
  • Which permissions will give the user to see all the recordings? I have users which do no have all permissions but they can still see all the recordings.

Thanks
    -Dimitry
  • queuemanager and all will give a user "admin" rights.