Google Chrome Notification for fop2

I was wondering if anybody new a way to increase the timeout for the Google Chrome Notification from fop2. It only stays up 2-3 seconds. I was wondering if we could make it stay longer?

Thanks
-Dimitry

Comments

• Hello,

To change notify durations:

1) globally, by editing js/presence.js and set notifyDuration to a higher value (default is 6 seconds)
    2) per user, open up the preferences pane and set it there.

Best regards,
  • Nicolás,

I was wondering if its possible to modify the notification timeout based on the call type.

Ex.

I sometimes help out on the helpdesk and am part of a queue. I would like to see who is calling when I am sitting at my desk but would like the notification to go away after a certain amount of time when I am not at my desk so I am not clicking close on 3 million notifications. When I am not at my desk and the call comes to me directly, I would like the notification to stay up until I close it so I know who called me directly.

Thanks
    -Dimitry
  • Hi Dimitry,

I do not understand exactly how to determine the call type based on your example. Calls are calls, either if you are on your desk or not.?
  • I think my question was unclear. I meant to say if a call comes through a queue, have one timeout and if a call comes directly to an extension, have another timeout. I hope that makes more sense.

Thanks
    -Dimitry
  • Hi Dimitry,

I understand your question now. Unfortunately, fop2 has a fixed timeout for notifications. It does not make a difference. You might want to post this as a feature request.

Best regards,