Upgrade instructions

A search for "version upgrade" and "upgrade instructions" isn't showing any threads on how to move from a 2.x version of FOP2 to the latest version.

I also can't find this in the documentation (just fresh installs).

Can anyone point me to an existing thread or instruction list I can use as a guide? I assume it's a matter of stopping FOP2, copying some files, running an upgrade process or make type command, and restarting it, but don't have a lot of Linux experience so don't know what to do.

Thanks.

Comments

• upgrade is done exactly the same as a new install

wget fop2.for.your.distro.tgz
    tar zxvf fop2.for.your.distro.tgz
    cd fop2
    make

That is all. Of course, fop2.for.your.distro.tgz must be replaced with the correct download link for the version you want to install.

If there are special upgrade instructions from version to version, they are specified in the README file inside the tarball. For example, since fop 2.21 you might want to run a script to generate the proper freepbx override contexts (only needed for freepbx installs):
    /usr/local/fop2/generate_override_contexts.pl -w

Best regards,
  • The upgrade went fine but;

/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --status
    Unknown option: status
    Flash Operator Panel 2 - White Label Version.
    ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'asterisk.fop2settings' doesn't exist
    ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'asterisk.fop2permissions' doesn't exist
    ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 1: Unknown column 'exclude' in 'where clause'

Can't listen to port 4445

Is this important? Everything "seems" to be working OK.
  • Hi I followed the steps provided by admin but I get a error. I have current FreePBX Distro.

1. fop2-2.22-centos5-i386.tgz - success!

2. tar zxvf fop2-2.22-centos5-i386.tgz
    tar: fop2-2.22-centos5-i386.tgz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    tar: Child returned status 2
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

Have I done something wrong? I was able to upgrade the FOP2 Admin using module admin without issue. Can you guys help I'm sure its something simple I'm missing here.
  • The upgrade went fine but;

/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --status
    Flash Operator Panel 2 - White Label Version.
    ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'asterisk.fop2settings' doesn't exist
    ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'asterisk.fop2permissions' doesn't exist
    ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 1: Unknown column 'exclude' in 'where clause'

Can't listen to port 4445

Is this important? Everything "seems" to be working OK.

There is no --status option in fop2_server, you have the --test option

The errors you see are due to having an old fop2admin version, you must upgrade to version 1.2.7
  • Hi I followed the steps provided by admin but I get a error. I have current FreePBX Distro.

1. fop2-2.22-centos5-i386.tgz - success!

2. tar zxvf fop2-2.22-centos5-i386.tgz
    tar: fop2-2.22-centos5-i386.tgz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    tar: Child returned status 2
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

Have I done something wrong? I was able to upgrade the FOP2 Admin using module admin without issue. Can you guys help I'm sure its something simple I'm missing here.

Cannot help you much as I do not know what filename was the file saved as, it is not clear if you used wget to retrieve the file? If so, and depending on the wget version, the file might be saved with a different name, just list the directory contents, find out the actual filename and pass that to the tar zxvf command.
  • OK the upgrade to the Freepbx module has taken away those errors and I now get a connection to manager OK response.

However, I cannot access the FOP2 panel. It hangs the "connecting to server attempt number 1" screen.

I have done an amportal restart. Is there anything else I can look for?
  • buttons_custom.cfg needs to have asterisk:asterisk permissions it looks like.
  • buttons_custom.cfg needs to have asterisk:asterisk permissions it looks like.

Not really. Fop2 run as root.
  • OK the upgrade to the Freepbx module has taken away those errors and I now get a connection to manager OK response.

However, I cannot access the FOP2 panel. It hangs the "connecting to server attempt number 1" screen.

I have done an amportal restart. Is there anything else I can look for?

Check that fop2_server is running and that access to port tcp/4445 from your desktop machine is clear.
  • It was running.

The permissions change worked . . .
  • [root@localhost ~]# /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --status
    Flash Operator Panel 2 - White Label Version
    PHP Fatal error: SQL Error: SELECT `asterisk`.`users`.`name` AS `agent`, `cnum`.`count` AS `count`, `c num`.`talktime` AS `talktime` FROM ( SELECT `cnum`, COUNT(*) AS `count`, SUM(`sum`) AS `talktime` FROM ( SELECT `cnum`, `uniqueid`, SUM(`billsec`) AS `sum` FROM `asteriskcdrdb`.`cdr` WHERE calldate >= CURDA TE() AND lastapp = 'Dial' GROUP BY `cnum`, `uniqueid`) AS `billsec_sum` GROUP BY `cnum`) AS `cnum` INNE R JOIN `asterisk`.`users` ON `cnum`.`cnum` = `asterisk`.`users`.`extension` WHERE 1=1
    SELECT command denied to user 'qstatsUser'@'localhost' for table 'cdr' in /var/www/html/fop2/admin/dbli b.php on line 108
    what is this error ?
  • Exactly what it says. An invalid option.

You are using the wrong command.
    PC7fsKc.png
  • @asemaltork said:
    [root@localhost ~]# /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --status
    Flash Operator Panel 2 - White Label Version
    SELECT command denied to user 'qstatsUser'@'localhost' for table 'cdr' in /var/www/html/fop2/admin/dbli b.php on line 108

what is this error ?

Besides the incorrect command --status that does not exist, the error comes from the Full Wallboard plugin and not following installation instructions fully. You must grant permissions to the CDR table to the use qstatsUser as described in the Full Wallboard installation guide