Do not see recordings in user portal

I have a FreePBX distro install version 1.812.210.57-1. I have removed iSymphony and replaced it with FOP2. I like FOP2 better because it is far easier to use.

I can record calls and can see them in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor but they do not show up in the user portal. I checked the userfield in the CDR database and there is no file name.

I am not sure how to debug this. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Comments

• Hi,

If you want them to appear in the fop2 recordings tab you have to uncomment one of the monitor_exec lines in fop2.cfg. It is commented by default because that script is supposed to be customized depending on your version/distro or specific needs. Some people want the recordings to appear on some 3rd party/different recordings interface, and for those you can use different scripts that you probably need to customize.

Best regards,
  • I have the following uncommented

monitor_exec=/usr/local/fop2/recording_fop2.pl

It is set to run as user asterisk

-rwxr-xr-x 1 asterisk asterisk 6870 Jul 14 06:49 recording_fop2.pl

Here are the sox and soxmix.

[root@biaggis-blm-ipt1 fop2]# which sox
    /usr/bin/sox
    [root@biaggis-blm-ipt1 fop2]# which soxmix
    /usr/bin/soxmix

I have this in fop2recordings

select * from fop2recordings;
    +----+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    | id | uniqueid | datetime | ownerextension | targetextension | filename | duration | context |
    +----+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    | 1 | 1342500033.3 | 2012-07-16 23:40:53 | 210 | 206 | /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/fop2/2012-07-16/210_206_234046_1342500033.3.wav | 7 | |
    +----+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)
  • What is the FOP2 recording tab? I was looking for the recordings in the User Portal.
  • The standard fop2 has its own recording interface. If you use Elastix, that interface is disabled and you are taken to the elastix recording interface. In that case, the script to use is recording_elastix.pl

Even when using recording_elastix.pl, there is a problem depending on the leg of the call you record (that can have a different uniqueid than the one recorded in the cdr tables). That is fixed in what it would be FOP 2.27.

Best regards,
  • I am not understanding. Are the recordings viewable from the FOP2 interface?

I have installed FreePBX from the distribution provided at freepbx.org. it is not elastix or Trixbox.
  • I did not realize that you had to look at the phone book to see the call recordings.