Buttons Disappear

In the past week the FOP2 ver 2.27 buttons are disappearing from the screen.
I do a service fop2 restart and they reappear and all is well. I find this happening several
times a day now! This was never happening before. I thought it was connected to
my reloading asterisk after I make changes via the Freepbx 2.11.0.14 web interface to
asterisk. There have been several upgrades to Freepbx in the past week that may
be connected to this problem.

Any other people experiencing the same problem?

Let me know if you need more info on the problem.

Thank you,
Gene in Virginia, USA

Asterisk (Ver. 11.401076M), 64 Bit Debian 7 Wheezy OS

Comments

• Confirmation of problem connected to reload of asterisk/freepbx.

I just made some changes to my asterisk server via my Freepbx panel and when I pressed the submit and reload,
    the buttons on my FOP2 immediately all disappeared. My FOP2 panel now says "no buttons".
  • What do you see if you go to "Fop2 Buttons" in freepbx? Also, what fop2admin version do you have installed?
  • fop2admin 1.2.13

And the FOP2 Buttons option looks normal. The panel also right now looks normal.
    I have done 2 module reloads this morning. One time nothing happened to fop2 panel
    and the other time it knocked it out, saying "no buttons".

A service fop2 restart fixes the problem.
  • I installed fop2admin 1.2.15 and did a couple of module reloads, same problem occurs.
  • What changes are you doing to FreePBX? I tried several, several times, and I do not experience that issue. Let me know what are you doing to see if I can replicate it.

Normally, if you add or remove an extension, the fop2 page will be refreshed, so you can see the new or not see the removed buttons.
  • Usually the reason I do mod reload is the adding or removal of audio files that are accessed from an IVR menu
    for playback. That is when I started noticing the problem.

If I go into an outbound route and change a digit of the CallerID number and reload once or twice
    the FOP2 will crash.

I just did it now as I write this and after changing a digit and module reload, the fop2 crashed.
  • I will do a reboot of the linux box when the system is idle and see if that has any effect
    on the problem. My linux box has been up for over 7 weeks now without needing a reboot.
    Will let you know if it has any effect.
  • Whatever the problem, a reboot of the entire system solved the problem!
    Obviously we don't know what was the problem, but we know what fixed it.
    Thanks you your work,
    Gene
  • As noted in the other thread, we're seeing this in one location as well: The buttons disappear from the FOP2 web page. Everything looks good in the FOP2 config in FreePBX and restarting the FOP2 service restores the buttons (after the user logs back in). It does seem to have something to do with module updates, but not every time; just updated four and applied without issue.
  • A reboot seemed to fix the problem but only for a few hours and the problem has returned.

After I do a module reload, the only button on the fop2 is "No Buttons".

The reload I am doing is after uploading audio files to a bulletin board/message line that is part of my asterisk system.
    I upload several new files a day and almost every time I do the reload, the fop2 buttons disappear.

I will do a reboot of the asterisk box when appropriate and pay closer attention to what happens and report back.
  • Hi,

Please try enabling debug in fop2 by editing the file /etc/sysconfig/fop2 and setting something like

OPTIONS="-d -X 511 -l /var/log"

Then restart fop2. Once you notice the issue occurs again, then copy the log file (/var/log/fop2_debug.log if you use fop 2.27) into some other place so it stops populating. Then I will be able to inspect the log file and see if there are any hints on what is going on. You can send me the log file to asternic at gmail (compressed as it will be probably quite large).
  • This is a strange problem. When I start the debug as you recommended in the previous message,
    The problem goes away! Everything works perfect when the debug is in effect. I can add extensions, remove extensions, add audio files, everything works. So I don't have debug report to send you.

As soon as I stop debugging and do something that needs a reload module, the "NO Buttons" appears after one or two module reloads. The first module reload may not cause the problem to show up, the inevitably after the second or third reload, the FOP2 panel goes down, "NO BUTTONS".

Here is the most recent episode:
    The first reload after restarting FOP2 without debug-- I deleted an extension and it reloaded with the extension button being removed as it should. Then I uploaded an audio file and did a module reload to remove the duplicate entry in the
    system recordings, and the panel crashed. That is all I have done this afternoon.
  • The panel crashed? Or you saw the "no buttons"? Please leave it with debug turned on, until it happens again. There is no reason for the problem to not appear due to the debug being turned on or not..

Best regards,
  • When I said crashed, I mean " No Buttons" appears on the screen.

I will turn on the debug again and see what happens and let you know.
    Gene
  • When I said crashed, I mean " No Buttons" appears on the screen.

I will turn on the debug again and see what happens and let you know.
    Gene

thanks!
  • Just a question to the people experiencing this problem: do you use fop2 groups to limit the view for affected users?
  • Over the past several days while I had the fop2 debugging engaged, there were no problems after numerous mod reloads for many different reasons, ie, adding and removing extensions, adding and removing audio files. Since things were going well
    I decided to stop the debugging. As soon as I stopped the debugging, after deleting an audio file, then doing a mod reload, the fop2 "no buttons" appeared again.

It appears that having the debugging engaged, keeps the fop2 panel "connected".

In terms of the FOP2 Groups, I have two additional Groups that I have set up for limiting access to certain users who rarely login to the FOP2 panel.
  • Thanks for the feedback. Today I logged into another user system with that problem, but when I turned debug it did not have issues either. So it is really strange and hard to trace as I need debug in order to see what could go wrong. Now, what I did notice in this installation was that they upgraded to the more recent freepbx version, and that version has a duplicated version line in some xml file that breaks a version detection in autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh

Please try this:
    cd /usr/local/fop2
    script capture.log
    ./autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh
    exit

Now open the capture.log file and look at the top, do you see an error like described in the following post (ERROR ... line 17: [: too many arguments)?

View Post 3587

If so, modify the script as described in that post to see if it makes a difference or not.
  • I did have the error message that you wanted me to look for in the /usr/local/fop2/capture.log

Here is what my line of code is that you wanted me to replace with the other.

AMPVERSION=`cat /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/module.xml | grep "<version>" | sed -e 's/<[^>]*>//g' | cut -d\. -f 1,2 | sed 's/\s//g' | sed 's/\.//g'`

Because it was so different than what you expected me to find,
    I did not do anything with it until you have a chance to look at it.

Gene
  • It is not that different. You have to add " | head -n 1 " after the grep <version>

Anyways, are you running FOP 2.27 final?
  • Done and restarted FOP2. Will let you know tomorrow how things go.
    Gene
  • All is going well today after the change you suggested.
    I have done many mod reloads today for many reasons and no problem with the FOP2 panel.
    Thank you Nicolas

Gene in Virginia, USA