DND and BLF using FOP2 2.27

Hi Nicolas,

I have recently upgraded to a new Freepbx system, and the FOP2 ver 2.27
I am running:
FOP2 version 2.27
FreePBX 2.11.0.24
CentOS 6.5

I am using Grandstream GXP2120 handsets, with BLFs set to monitor the state of various extensions.

Mostly everything is working well, but an old problem [url:2hf2vro9]http://forum.fop2.com/esotalk/index.php/1282[/url:2hf2vro9] has resurfaced.

The problem is that if I set a DND via the FOP2 panel, this does not change the BLF to red on the phone buttons monitoring that extension.

The reverse DOES work - If I set the phone to DND by dialling *76, then any BLF monitoring that extension turns red, and the DND indicator appears on the FOP2 panel. Using *76 on the phone correctly toggles the status, and the BLF and FOP2 panels correctly update.

Now, last time this issue arose (as per old thread linked above) the solution was to edit the FOP2Callbacks.pm file.

When I view this file now, in version 2.27, it says
# DND Integration from FOP2 to FreePBX ASTDB DND

#
# DEPRECATED! All of this can be done from the new plugin
# architecture

So, what do I got to plug in where to make my pbx recognise DND settings made from the FOP2 panel ? :?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• The PresenceDND plugin in FOP 2.27 was updated to support BLF, you should update the plugin. Or you can run the script generate_override_context.pl -w --force to generate the old style of dialplan configs for FreePBX.
  • The PresenceDND plugin in FOP 2.27 was updated to support BLF, you should update the plugin

sorry, how do I do that? :oops:

While I said that I 'upgraded' to FOP2 2.27 in my post, it would be more accurate to say that I did a fresh install of FOP2 on a fresh install of FreePBX/Asterisk/Centos 6.5 (64 bit), and then re-created my setup on the new system, then stopped using my old system.... ie - as far as the machine I am using now is concerned, it was a fresh install. Only the user browsers will have 'old' content, and I have Ctrl-R as hard as I can go with all affected browsers before reporting the issues.

I note that I can do the 'old way'.
    Or you can run the script generate_override_context.pl -w --force to generate the old style of dialplan configs for FreePBX.
    I would prefer to go with the 'new way' if I can get it working - to maximise compatibility with any future work you do on the panel.

Lastly, while it all appears to be working well, I do get some errors when I run --test
    [root@pbx fop2]# ./fop2_server --test
    unable to initialize libusb: -99
    Flash Operator Panel 2 - Valid License (7)

/usr/local/fop2/autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh: line 17: [: too many arguments
    Connection to manager OK!
    [root@pbx fop2]#

I did the initial install probably 2 months ago - have there been changes to the package (with same build number) since that time?

Not sure if this is relevant, but I note I am having issues with recordings as well :
    [url:1urjqkyg]http://forum.fop2.com/esotalk/index.php/1160&start=10[/url:1urjqkyg]

so is there something I can/should do to re-fresh my install?

Thanks for your help.
  • FreePBX was updated after the initial FOP 2.27 was released, that broke the autconfiguration script for users (the error on line 17 you see). The fix is fairly trivial and is not enough to change a version release number, as there were not many installs on 2.27 after the fact. Maybe the easiest way for you is to redownload 2.27 and install over, it will just replace the autoconfig files with the fixed ones (if you look at a sticky post in the forum, you will see how to fix by hand, but it will be really easy and maybe preferred to install over).

And if you use the new fop2admin, that goes hand in hand with FOP 2.27, you will notice a new menu "fop2 plugins" where you can see the available plugins and its versions, you can upgrade the presence dnd plugin from there, via the web gui. (but after the upgrade, a fop2 restart is needed).

Best regards,
  • A re-install with the latest version seems to have fixed all issues (including my recording issues). I must've just been unlucky to have downloaded the new 2.27 version too early.

I really like the plug-in setup - great for control and visibility of options.

Thanks for your help.

One tiny point, for your next fix - the drop down box of permissions 'Quick Pick' does not include the 'presencemanager' permission - it has to be manually typed in.