Ringing through PC speakers after server restart

Hello All,

I'm going to apologize in advance, I am new to managing PBX servers in general and using FOP in specific. Here is what I'm running into:

Users were reporting that FOP was not connecting this morning. After poking around, I restarted the fop2_server on the pbx system. Now, 1 particular user is getting a loud ring through her PC speakers when using FOP. I can't find any settings relating to this in the web admin, and in fact am not even sure if this a FOP setting or a PBX setting. Anyone have any pointers on how to address this for a total newbie?

Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Hi,

FOP2 has sounds, including a loud RING one when your extension rings. You can open the Preferences from the FOP2 GUI when logged as that extension to turn off sounds for that particular user, or you can edit /var/www/html/fop2/js/presence.js and turn off sounds globally (setting them to false).
    var soundChat          = true;
    var soundQueue         = true;
    var soundRing          = true;

• Thanks, Nicolas. I appreciate your assistance.
  • Hey Nic,

This seems to no longer be in the file /var/www/html/fop2/js/presence.js as this section no longer seems to exist.

Where can I find it now as our customers want to turn off "var soundQueue = true; (to false) but cannot find this section in the above mentioned file.

Can you please help?