automatic popup url for external cid only

I have the automatic popup feature working well to take the callerid number and insert it into a url for our web based crm. Is there a way to tweak it so that internal calls won't pop it? Maybe a line of code somewhere to abort if less than 5 digits?

Comments

• Not sure where you implemented the popups? you can do so via checkdir.php that is totally customizable, including putting limits on clid lenght or whatever...
  • I just used to automatic popups in the panel preferences where you put the url with the #{CLIDNUM} variable.

I tried uncommenting:

header("Content-type: text/javascript");
    echo "window.open('http://www.google.com/search?q=$clidnum');\n";

in checkdir.php but never got a popup to work using that method. Any troubleshooting hints greatly appreciated. I'm pretty psyched on customizing this.
  • You have to configure the URL configured for the user via the GUI and leave that blank, otherwise it will take over the checkdir.php one. Best regards,
  • I've tried leaving it blank and checking automatic popups on and off. In Firebug it looks like the browser is getting the message to pop but has fatal error:

responseText

"window.open('http://www.google.com/search?q=WIRELESS CALLER'); <br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Call to a member function consulta() on a non-object in <b>/var/www/html/fop2/checkdir.php</b> on line <b>93</b><br /> "

status

statusText

"OK"
  • You can return 0 from the custom_popup function so it stops there. The error you see is because checkdir also tries to query the visual phonebook table , and it seems that you have a manual configuration with invalid mysql credentials. Fixing those credentials/database access would also get rid of the issue, but I think that returning 0 will work also.

Best regards,
  • Special Popup Application

I tried to put this in under a new conversation but I couldn't figure out how to put in a title.

Greetings All,
    This my second purchase of your product. I purchased this for my demo the other night. I have a potential client that runs an Executive Office Suite. They have two receptionist that field calls for the different businesses that rent office space from them. I am proposing a FreePBX solution to them and I am exploring using FOP2. The client, however, has a request that could kill the deal for me. All in all it is a very reasonable request but I can’t find operator panel software that can do it.
    They want a popup on ringing from their clients DID’s that contains a script for the receptionists to read so they answer calls correctly. Notice I said this is triggered by which DID is ringing and not incoming caller ID. Moreover they want their clients to be able to edit the scripts themselves from a user panel.
    I have installed your program on my demo PBX and purchased the full license. I have experimented with the checkdir.php file but I couldn't make it send a popup from the ringing DID. What I did was make a Custom Application Extension 501 in FreePBX that is pointed to the Receptionist extension 150. I set the DID to 501 as a destination. I also set a UserEvent to occur when 501 is dialed. The popup worked but it was using information from the caller ID and not the DID. I did the log file thing and it showed me that the UserEvent made it to the manager interface. What I learned is that I really don't have a clue how to do this. I would like to know if you guys could build this for me and what it would cost? It certainly looks doable.
    Thank you, Randy Buller Broward Telecom Solutions
  • Hi Randy,

There is a really simple workaround to your issue. In FreePBX you can set the CID Name Prefix to any inbound route, that text will be added to the caller id name on calls, and you can read the callerid name from checkdir.php and act accordingly. That is the simplest solution, as it does not require any special modifications in your dialplan, nor applications.

In checkdir.php you can query some table that you can make a page to edit for, and update a div with the text result.

Best regards,