FOP2 and high availability module

FreePBX offers the High Availability module, a clustering technology to sync two servers, which I would like to use.
Now I don't know if syncing my FOP2 button configuration is included or if I have to do any change I make in FOP2 admin, on the second server as well. Would you know?

These are the directories that get synced.
Asterisk Directories:
/etc/asterisk
/var/log/asterisk
/var/spool/asterisk
/var/run/asterisk
/var/lib/asterisk
/opt/isymphony
MySQL Directories:
/var/lib/mysql
Apache Directories
/etc/httpd
/var/lib/php/session
/var/www

Comments

• FOP2 button configuration is stored in the asterisk database, so it will be synced. Now, you will need a license for each server, and the /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg file will need to be synced also (but not the whole disk). Or you can configure fop2 to use an alternate config directory that could be synced with the -c command line option (For example, the elastix rpm has configurations stored in /etc/asterisk/fop2 by means of adding -c /etc/asterisk/fop2 to the fop2_server OPTIONS line in /etc/sysconfig/fop2.

Best regards,
  • So is that how my /etc/sysconfig/fop2 filr should look like and that takes care of what I want to do?
    OPTIONS="-d"
    OPTIONS="-c /etc/asterisk/fop2"
  • You must have only ONE options line:

OPTIONS="-d -c /etc/asterisk/fop2"

Then you will need to create the /etc/asterisk/fop2 directory and copy the fop2.cfg file and all autoconfig* scripts.
  • Thanks so much.
    Just repeating my steps here:
    Create /etc/asterisk/fop2 directory
    Copy fop2.cfg file from /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg into /etc/asterisk/fop2
    Copy autoconfig scripts into /etc/asterisk/fop2 directory
    Have OPTIONS="-d -c /etc/asterisk/fop2" line in /etc/sysconfig/fop2

So now all my fop2.cfg files are still stored in /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg, but automatically copied into /etc/asterisk/fop2.

Is that correct and these are all the steps I have to take?

• When you copy files over to the new location is to have and manage them there, they will not be synced or auto copied or anything like that. You can move them out from /usr/local/fop2 if you wish to avoid confusion. If you specify any directory for fop2 configuration data with -c , then all fop2 configuration files (fop2.cfg, buttons.cfg, autobuttons.cfg, any script used for auto configuration) must be placed on that directory. The only files that must reside in /usr/local/fop2 would be the fop2_server binary and the fop2.lic licence file.

Best regards,
  • I have copied all contents of /usr/local/fop2 into /etc/asterisk/fop2.
    And added OPTIONS="-d -c /etc/asterisk/fop2" line in /etc/sysconfig/fop2.
  • I have copied all contents of /usr/local/fop2 into /etc/asterisk/fop2.
    And added OPTIONS="-d -c /etc/asterisk/fop2" line in /etc/sysconfig/fop2
  • remove the fop2_server and fop2.lic from /etc/asterisk/fop2 , they are not needed there, they should reside in /usr/local/fop2 only. With that set, configuration will be synced with your high availability setup (if it syncs the whole /etc/asterisk directory).
  • I got to try all this with my High Availability setup.
    I have installed FOP2 for both servers ans I am logging into my floating IP address.
    Now when I log into fop2, my screen looks like this:
    [attachment:54e3eb2749036]

My permissions are set to all for this user.

What could be wrong?
  • All the action buttons are missing, as well as the phone book and options.
  • All good, just needed to add an extension, which I hadn't done yet.
    Working now so far.