New Users Don't Show in panel

We have FreePBX, current version, and current version of FOP2. We have a white label license.

When we add a new extension in FreePBX, and the add that user as a button in FOP2, the user doesn't show on anyone else's panel. I've even "recreated" all users/buttons in FOP2, but no luck.

Any idea? Are we supposed to create users/extensions in FOP2 first or? I haven't had much luck looking for answers by searching or reading the documentation.

Comments

• Have you created groups and assigned them to users? The best way to test is to NOT use any group based restrictions, edit a user, and uncheck any group it might have checked. Then save and reload fop2, and then log with that user. Do you see that new button then? If so, then it was a group restriction that prevented the new button from showing, if its a custom group, you have to edit it and add the new buttons to them. If its one of the default groups (all buttons, etc), then you must be sure to reload fop2. The reloading of FOP2 runs a script ( /var/www/html/fop2/admin/update_conf.php ) that takes care of upading the default groups by adding new or removing old extensions from them.

Best regards,
  • Thanks for the reply. So I just logged in and the user that I was having the issue with was there.

Do all users have to be logged off perhaps for that new user's button to show? The only thing that is different between right now and when I posted this is that all users had logged off and the weekend went by.

I will try to replicate the problem, and also follow your instructions here in the post.
  • no need for all users to be logged off. Only important thing is that FOP2 needs to be reloaded (either via the manager menu action/fop2 reload, or via command line with "service fop2 reload". An asterisk reload will work in many Asterisk versions but not all (if asterisk version >=11.8 & < 12.00 fop2 won't reload on asterisk reload).
  • I am having the same problem with asterisk version 11.17 and freepbx 12
    we created extension in freepbx I want to add it to a group in FOP2 because of permissions but I do not see the new extension.
    I try reload FOP2, reload asterisk, /var/www/html/fop2/admin/update_conf.php, service fop2 reload and nothing.
    any idea why?
  • Same thing happens with me, even after reloads. What I noticed is the next day or two, if I leave the user/extension there in fop2/admin, it eventually shows up. Not sure the rhyme or reason.
  • php /var/www/html/fop2/admin/update_conf.php
    service fop2 restart

Try those commands next time you add a user, does it show then?