Can't change button label while in queue

Hello!
This is a bug report... i think...
Whike extension configured as static agent in freePBX-you cannot change this extension button label.

Comments

• Hi,

Where do you change the label, and what do you expect to happen?

As a rule of thum, whenever you have a queue member with a name XXX defined, then that XXX name will prevail over the FOP2 Label as configured in the Buttons tab.

The actual bug I know is that when you rename an extension INSIDE FreePBX, the queue member IS NOT renamed. So you will have the "old name" in the output from "asterisk -rx 'queue show'", in the queue_log, and also in FOP2 displays as it will use the queue member name as prevalent over the regular extension label. To fix that FreePBX issue, you must edit the queue, save and apply changes. When a queue is saved and changes applied, the queue member names will be updated.

Best regards,
  • I decided that it would be easier to make a video.
    Please do not pay attention to what I say in the video. My English is terrible.
  • Hi bazoozoo, nice video :).

I will repeat what I said before:

As a rule of thumb, whenever you have a queue member with a name XXX defined, then that XXX name will prevail over the FOP2 Label as configured in the Buttons tab

That means that FOP2 labels do not matter if you have a queue member with a different name, always the queue member name will prevail/win.

You can check queue member names in ASTERISK itself with the command

asterisk -rx "queue show"

Check the name for your extension THERE, not in FOP2.

So, no matter if you write "John", "Mary", or "Nico" on a FOP2 button label, if that button is a queue member and the queue member is named "Zebra", you will see "Zebra" in FOP2 display.

You have to change the queue member name, and that is done in FreePBX.

Best regards,

• Understood. Thank's for futher explanation!
    Is there any hope, that this bug will be fixed in the future?
  • It is not a bug in FOP2. It is by design, on purpose. Queue member names are more important than extension names for FOP2. You must change the queue member name in FreePBX or whatever backend you have, not only in FOP2.
  • A strange feature.
    The fact is that I need to change the label only in the operator panel, and just because it does not fit in the button size. Two agents have same surnames (they are sisters). Because of all of the above - two buttons have the same label!
    And in Freepbx I need to leave extension name as it is, because it contains a name, surname and patronymic.
  • A strange feature for you, but not for many many others, as FOP2 is used in call centers where there are positions where what matters most is the queue member name (for hotdesking scenarios), and the queue filter requires queue member names to match extension labels. So it is actually a key/important feature. It is a MUST feature in a call center.

In your case, you just need to make FOP2 buttons wider a bit so you can have longer names.

http://members.asternic.biz/knowledge_base/howto-how-to-modify-the-fop2-look-by-using-themes

You want to change the .extenbutton class and increase width and perhaps reduce font size. You can search this very forum on the topic.

Best regards,
  • Understud.
    I find this link^
    yesterday, and alreade make somr changes, thank you! :-)