FOP2 Not Changing DND for "real"

Good Afternoon,

I posted this question a while back, but since then, I have started fresh and am facing the same issue.

http://forum.fop2.com/4272-fop2-not-changing-dnd-status since its been so long, and its a new setup, I'm posting again.

When I change DND via *79/*78 and call from another phone it respects the status change.

In FOP2 when I press *79/*78, the icon changes immedatley to DND/Available.

On the CLI when I change to DND in FOP2, I can see it set it in the FOP2DB.
root@node1:~ $ asterisk -rx "database show fop2state" | grep 847
/fop2state/USER/847                               : Do not Disturb

And then it goes away after I set to available, and also shows Out To Lunch correctly. BUT, when I set myself to DND in FOP2, my phone still rings, and basically, nothing I do with the FOP2 Drop down menu works. But it all shows correctly in FOP2.

Here are some configs from the test setup.
root@node1:~ $ cat /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg
[general]
; AMI definitions
;PULLED FROM PREV SERVER
manager_host=localhost
manager_port=5038
;manager_user=fop2
manager_user=fop2
manager_secret=fop222
;manager_secret=fop222
;event_mask=agent,call,command,system,user,dialplan
;[general]
; AMI definitions
;AUTO GENERATED
;manager_host=localhost
;manager_port=5038
;manager_user=admin
;manager_secret=amp111
;event_mask=agent,call,command,system,user,dialplan
root@node1:~ $ cat /etc/asterisk/manager.conf
[admin]
secret = amp111
;deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
;deny=192.168.1.1/32
;permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
permit=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate

[fop2]
secret = fop222
;deny = 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
;deny=192.168.1.1/32
;permit = 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
permit=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
read = all
write = all
writetimeout = 1000
eventfilter=!Event: RTCP*
eventfilter=!Event: VarSet
eventfilter=!Event: Cdr
eventfilter=!Event: DTMF
eventfilter=!Event: AGIExec
eventfilter=!Event: ExtensionStatus
eventfilter=!Event: ChannelUpdate
eventfilter=!Event: ChallengeSent
eventfilter=!Event: SuccessfulAuth

I have tried all variations of the above I can think off and also tried running the below code multiple times + rebooting the server.
/usr/local/fop2/generate_override_contexts.pl -w

Can you point me how to Debug this further? What combination of the above configs should I use? And if I pick one, do I need to update the DB Permissions/PWD accordingly?

Appreciate your help, love the program!

Comments

• This is blocking our company upgrade to new phone servers :(
  • Well I feel dumb, just a piece of advice I should have taken myself, never forget to troubleshoot the basic! I needed to install FOP2 DND Presence Plugin :), now all works as expected.
  • FOP2 does nothing for DND in Asterisk or the dialplan by default. You must install the proper plugin, and I have just see you found it yourself while I was writing the reply.
  • As a side not, you cannot have both the presence dnd and the presence pause (to use presence to pause a queue member) at the same time. Well, you can do it, but then you might end up with incorrect visual status display as one element cannot reflect more than one state (pause +- dnd).

So be sure NOT to install the presence pause plugin.