Asterisk --> segfault-->

I followed these instructions :
/etc/asterisk/sip.conf

callevents=yes

It will send hold/unhold events to FOP2.
This caused Asterisk to segfault.

I removed the 'callevents=yes' from sip.conf, and no segfaults.

I am running :

PBX in a Flash Version 1.2 Daemon Status
* Asterisk * ONLINE * Zaptel * ONLINE * MySQL * ONLINE *
* SSH * ONLINE * Apache * ONLINE * Iptables * ONLINE *
* Fail2ban * ONLINE * IP Connect* ONLINE * Ip6tables * ONLINE *
* BlueTooth * ONLINE * Hidd * ONLINE * NTPD * OFFLINE *
* Sendmail * ONLINE * Samba * OFFLINE * Webmin * ONLINE *
* Ethernet0 * ONLINE * Ethernet1 * N/A * Wlan0 * N/A *
* Running Asterisk Version : Asterisk 1.4.21.2
* Asterisk Source Version : 1.4.21.2
* Zaptel Source Version : 1.4.12.1
* Libpri Source Version : 1.4.7
* Addons Source Version : 1.4.7
pbx.local on 192.168.6.159 - eth0
CentOS release 5.2 (Final) :64 Bit Kernel: 2.6.18-92.1.10.el5
Need any additional info?

Comments

• Not sure what the error is so hopefully Nicolas will be about soon but I wouldn't put it in the sip.conf as this will get over written by freePBX sooner or later, pop it into the sip_custom.conf
  • Hi,

If asterisk is segfaulting because of callevents in sip.conf, then turn it off.. you will loose hold status on fop, but the pbx will be stable :)

Now, I have not seen any segfault due to that sip option. What asterisk version are you running? Maybe updating asterisk will fix the issue...

Best regards,
  • Hi,

If asterisk is segfaulting because of callevents in sip.conf, then turn it off.. you will loose hold status on fop, but the pbx will be stable :)

Now, I have not seen any segfault due to that sip option. What asterisk version are you running? Maybe updating asterisk will fix the issue...

Best regards,

I am running Asterisk 1.4.21.2

I'll test it a bit more this evening. I am running this as a VM with ESXi 3.5u4, but that shouldn't really matter.

Before I installed FOP2, I just made a snapshot, to make it easier for testing, adding, and removing, etc. Plus, when it gets late at night, I can just move back and forth between the images quickly.

If I redo this, test, and get the segfaults, are there any logs you want, or any debugging you would like me to enable? Just trying to help out...
  • If its asterisk segfaulting, then you will have to follow their guidelines to submit the issue to their bugtracking system. What I can recommend is to test with a more recent asterisk version that might have already fixed that segfault.

If the segfault is in fop2_server, then I would need to see the error when it crashes. You can start fop2_server from command line instead of an init script to watch for the error.

Best regards,

--
    Nicolás