connecting to server, attempt 1....

Hi All,
I have spent about 3 hours today trying to get FOP2 working.
I've gone through in detail every single post on this forum, and tried all suggestions.

My system is Centos5, with Freepbx.
I've downloaded the tarball, installed it and it is running.
I've changed the default port to 4447.
I've checked all config options. I've tried both with and without the #exec autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh
I've tried logging on using different systems both inside and outside the network (firewall ports are correctly opened). I've tried using different browsers, and have reinstalled the flash player on those systems to no avail.

There is nothing in the logs to suggest there is a problem, it is definitely running and definitely listening on 4447.

[root@acdnew js]#
pgrep fop2_server
[root@acdnew js]#
netstat -nta
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:4445 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:4447 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

I also have flashpanel1 installed and running, but from what I have read, including in the faq, this is OK if you change the default port which I have done.

I'm logging on with one of the extension from pbx, and it doesn't give an error message saying the details are wrong. (Although I can type in anything, and it doesn't say it's wrong.) If I change the /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg to comment out the freepbx connection, and specify an extension (an extension that also exists in freepbx) it fails also - displaying "connecting to server, attempt 1..." until it gets to 10, then says that it's unavailable.

I've also found that in the config.php file inside /var/www/html/fop2/ there is a reference to the database username and password, which I have also set, with no change.

Of course, running the service with the test command gives me the following:
=================
[root@acdnew ~]#
/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server -test
Flash Operator Panel 2 - No valid license found. Demo Mode
Connection to manager OK!
=================

My config file:
==============
[general]
; AMI definitions
manager_host=localhost
manager_port=5038
manager_user=admin
manager_secret=xxxxxx
;event_mask=call,agent

; Daemon definitios
listen_port = 4447
;restrict_host = http://www.asternic.org
;web_dir = /var/www/html/operator/fop2

; Global Config
language = en
poll_interval = 86400
poll_voicemail = 1
monitor_ipaddress = 0

;master_key = 5678

; USER LIST
user=407:407:all
;user=620:1234:all
;user=621:1234:all
;user=622:1234:all
;user=623:1234all
;buttonfile=buttons.cfg
;user=412:1234:all
;#exec autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh
===========

Help please! I'm going crazy.

Many thanks,

Joel

Comments

• Hi Joel,

If you change the listen port in fop2.cfg you will have to also uncomment the web_dir parameter and set it appropriately.

What you want to do is change FOP1 listen port and let FOP2 use 4445 so it does not require the web_dir to be set (as recomended in question one of the FAQ).

If you have FOP1 listening on port 4445 and FOP2 listening on 4447, and you did not set the web_dir parameter in fop2.cfg, then the fop2 client will try to connect to port 4445 (that is FOP1 daemon), and it will wait forever to connect as the protocol has changed.

So... please change FOP1 port, not FOP2 because its easier (you do not need to set the web_dir if you let fop2 run on 4445)

Best regards,
  • Hi Nicolas,

thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested, to no avail. Nothing would work. I found another installation guide at [url:3ilyych4]http://www.elastixconnection.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=89[/url:3ilyych4] and went over it thoroughly, still would not work. Checked and rechecked all my options and settings, checked the ports that were being listened on, everything I can think of, and still it would not work.

Eventually out of desperation, having spent another 2 hours on it, I purchased a license and registered it, and bingo! it works straight away.

Now I have no buttons, so can't do anything, so I'll move onto the other posts in this forum. :-) The wonderful world of computers and asterisk.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards

Joel
  • Hi Joel,

That's odd... Although time zones play against us, try to catch me online in the live help to sort your config issues out. What it takes your hours it might take me a few minutes, and I know time is valuable for every of us.

Best regards,
  • Hi Nicolas,

thanks for your quick reply and excellent support via chat. Fixed in 30 seconds.
    Just posting this so others might be helped - I had the DBPASS in twice, which messed up the script.

Thanks again, you are legendary.

Joel