Conference button

I click on extension button with active call, then I click on "Listen and Whisper" button, and FOP2 sends to asterisk:
Action: Originate
Channel: $my_channel
Application: ChanSpy
Data: $selected_extension_channel,w
where, for example
$my_channel=DAHDI/i9/55
$selected_extension_channel=DAHDI/i9/29
To organize conference by connecting user to existing call, I need follow feature in FOP2:
If my extension button with active call, then I type number in "Dial" input, then I click on new "Conference" button, and FOP2 should send to asterisk:
Action: Originate
Channel: Local/$dial_number@from-internal
Application: ChanSpy
Data: $my_channel,B
where, for example
$my_channel=DAHDI/i9/55
$dial_number=591600

Comments

• hm... I have done this by proxy again ;)
  • You are a proxy wizard :)

Anyways, if you have an active call and click on the conference button and then transfer, you will be transferring the other party directly to the conference.. not sure why you are using chanspy there. (most probably I did not understand your actual requirement).
  • I need don't interrupt active call and join new user to active call.
  • Still, I need new "Conference" button, because of via proxy I change Redirect and then simple redirection doesn't work.
  • Ah! Ok, so you are not talking about asterisk conferences (meetme,confbridge), but you want to create an "incall conference" so to speak, like the conference button on a phone, right?

I have not tested it, and it will certainly take quite some time to create, but fop2 includes both javascript and perl hooks that you can use, including custom action buttons. I have never implemented anything with those actually, but you could create an extra command button that when clicked executes a javascript function of your own writing, probably sending a custom command to fop2_server, where you can intercept in the FOP2Callbacks.pm an create your own manager commands based on that.

I really do not have much time lately for playing, but if I find the time, I might dedicate a little to see if something like this can be done using the hooks I mention.

Best regards,
  • I have created an article for implementing this custom action button you need:

http://www.fop2.com/blog/creating-a-cus ... ion-button

There are a couple of fixes that I have to make in the fop2.js file to avoid duplicate commands upon a server reload, that will be incorporated on FOP 2.25. Anyways, this will work on fop 2.24 too. I will release 2.25 in a few days.

Best regards,