Listen and Listen&Whisper doesnt work With astersk 1.6

Hello,

first i want to thank you about the great work with FOP2. Iam just testing it, but everything looks fine so long.

Except one problem i have with asterisk version 1.6.1.0 and the function listen or listen&whisper to a channel.

In Version 1.6 asterisk doesnt use the pipe (|) as var delimiter any more. so the function call of ChanSpy(peer|w) doenst work anymore. It had to be ChanSpy(peer,w) by now.

Maybe you could fix this.

best regards

Steve Smith

Comments

• Hi Steve,

Thanks for the report... I will fix it and update the tarballs soon. Best regards,

--
    Nicolás
  • i have done a mistake, only the listen&whisper doesnt work with 1.6

just listening work cause it starts the application with only one parameter (SIP/xxx)

best regards
  • Hi,

I have updated the centos5 32 bit package with fixes for Asterisk 1.6. Now whisper will work and also the transfer will be attendant by default. Please try it out and let me know how it goes, you only need to replace fop2_server.

Best regards,

--
    Nicolás
  • iam using debian lenny, so i cant test it by now ;)

best regards

steve
  • Please wait then that I have to repackage lenny with the patched server. I will do that later today and let you know.

Best regards,

--
    Nicolás
  • WE are using FOP2 on centos5, asterisk 1.4.26.1.

ChanSpy is working but whisper is not. Can listen in but spied part can not hear when spy-er speaks. Any ideas, help. Something that needs to be enabled in asterisk?

M
  • Whisper is broken on Asterisk 1.4.26

(Thanks to Anthony from Aretta for reporting it!)
    I did some more digging. Turns out ChanSpy() and ExtenSpy() are broken
    in 1.4.26 -- https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15660 -- Actually
    they are not but the audio hooks within Asterisk are. Anyone running
    this revision will either need to drop back down to .25 or look at the
    RC for .27

Best regards,
  • Runing 2.11 for i386 Centos 5 and still getting this from Asterisk:
    The application delimiter is now the comma, not the pipe. Did you forget to convert your dialplan? (ChanSpy(SIP/339|w))
  • Look at fop2.cfg and look how to force the delimiter to use.
  • Works great, Thx.