Add Custom:Device to channels monitored for a button

I've noticed that (at least on Asterisk 10, and presumably on any version post 1.6 that supports DEVICE_STATE) the AMI is sending events for when a Custom device changes state; is there any way FOP can be extended to use these events? I deleted my debug file earlier, but I can get the events again for you this evening/weekend if you want.

Comments

• What do you want to monitor exactly? What is your idea? Can you give an example? Manager events will also be helpful.

Best regards,
  • I would like to react on this request because I have an example

I have a configuration for some users: 1 deskphone, 1 dect phone and 1 dialplan extension for both.
    exten => 300,1,Dial(SIP/400&SIP/500)
    exten => 300,hint,SIP/400&SIP/500

I am using DEVICE_STATE to check the status, and when 400 or 500 is making a call.
    I am showing 300 on the callee display

Will it be possible for Flash Operator Panel to show 300 as an extension button and to report line status as a physical extension?

Thanks in advance
  • fop2 can monitor multiple devices for one button using the channel directive, so if you have a button for one sip device, you can extend it to monitor other devices by adding the propper channel directives:

[SIP/100]
    type=extension
    extension=100
    context=from-internal
    label=John
    channel=SIP/200

with the above setting , calls for both SIP/100 and SIP/200 will be shown on that button status. If you use fop2admin, you have a channel field to set in every button, you can add several channel separated with &.

A not of warning, when a button monitors more than one channel, you cannot have ANOTHER button displaying status for those extra channels.

Best regards,
  • Hi Nicolas,

Great thanks for your prompt answer.
    I set the following button:

[SIP/9791]
    type=extension
    extension=9700
    context=local
    label=Virtual Test
    channel=SIP/9778

It works as expected for outgoing call, but for incoming calls it shows 2 lines, could I prevent this behavior to show only one line?

Best regards,
    Christian
  • If you have both channels active on inbound calls, it will show the two lines ringing as both channel are ringing. If only one rings, you will see only one line.