replace outbound calls DNID with string

Hi Goudino,

we like your panel and we are proposing it to our customer as a valuable add-on.
One of our customers would like to see a string instead of the outbound calls DNID so the panel should show, for example, the customer name or the company name they are calling.
For example instead of seeing "029545874" they would like to see "Mr. Pippo".
Is it possible to add this feature?

Thank you.

Giorgio

Comments

• Fop2 will display just the dialed number. There is no current way to change that to a name. It might also be a tricky feature, as many people dial out with prefixes, the dialed number might and probably will get modified when dialing, so matching that to anything in a database will be kind of complicated or it *will* present issues.

There are other things that are kind of complicated, due to the client/server nature of the software. Because most probably the name should be matched against the phonebook (on the client), while the dialed number is sent by the server. I mean, it is not *that* simple to implement.

Let me consider it , we can let this post open for other users to chime in, if there are enough traction I might try to work on it.
  • I Will be inviting my team to conference by calling them out using fop2 phonebook click2dial feature...Once they join the conference all their numbers will be displayed instead of their names...If there is a way to display their names retrieved from the phonebook instead of their numbers it will be a good feature so that I know who is talking from other end..

I have requested this feature around a year back and Nicolas told he will consider in future release..May be is this the time for that?

Jai