Screen Pop link to Highrise CRM

Im looking for a way to use the screen pop feature to push a link/lookup to the 37signals Highrise CRM. Any thoughts or developers interested in working on this for a fee?

Comments

• Fop2 can fire popups by modyfing a .php script (checkdir.php). you can also use the google chrome extension for firing popups. The problem here is the actual integration with highrise, as the popup can provide simple information, like callerid number and some channel variables, from that you have to come up with a useful highrise link. Last time I checked highrise, their api was kind of lacking to do this, as search by phone was kind of problematic.

Anywyas, it is most probably totally doable with enough effort. Our development fees are listed on http://www.fop2.com/buy.php

Best regards,
  • It is somewhat challenging. You would have to search via the api for the number and then in some cases probably present a match, matches or new record pop. We have some details about wanting to record the audio and attach it to a note in highrise from the asterisk call recording. Is this something that you would be able to produce under your consulting services? How could we discuss this and get an idea of costs?
  • Hi Brett,

I remember a little bit more now what were the issues when I worked on this for some other customer a long while ago, the search through the api was not that hard, but opening up the new contact in highrise, with the phone populated, was not really possible. You can open the new contact page, but it was not possible to pre-populate the fields (via api you had to create a new record and then open up that record, but it was not possible to create records with just a phone number). So we left just a link to open the insert new contact page if I recall correctly.

We can discuss this via the live help if you want, or direct email. Development costs are listed in www.fop2.com/buy.php

You can consider on using the google chrome extension for this too, that might be a better option for popups and integration/mashups.
  • Drop me a note brettk80 at gmail dot com to setup a chat.