Call recordings

Hello,

I have a few questions concerning call recordings in fop2. I've managed to set it up and all seems to be working... however;

1. Under the recordings tab in the phonebook button, I noticed that the target extension column does not display the external caller-id. It simply displays the same extension as shown in the Owner Extension column. How does one go about finding a recorded call from a particular number if it is not displayed in the list? Is this perhaps a misconfiguration on my system?

2. I understand that since version 2.20 of fop2, a script can be run after the recorded call completes. My goal is to be able to use fop2 to manage all recorded calls for all extensions in the system, essentially consolidate the recordings (i.e. I want to avoid having to log into each extension to listen to the recorded conversations). Is there a specific script that is available that will move/consolidate the recordings to be accessed under one fop2 login?

3. There are certain extensions that are set to "always record" in FreePBX. Is there a way (script?) that I could review and manage those recordings using fop2?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Hi,
    1. Under the recordings tab in the phonebook button, I noticed that the target extension column does not display the external caller-id. It simply displays the same extension as shown in the Owner Extension column. How does one go about finding a recorded call from a particular number if it is not displayed in the list? Is this perhaps a misconfiguration on my system?

Target extension is what it is named for, target extension, not callerid, it is defined with the filename that you also set in fop2.cfg:

monitor_filename=/var/spool/asterisk/monitor/${ORIG_EXTENSION}_${DEST_EXTENSION}_%h%i%s_${UNIQUEID}

There are other variables to use in the file name, you can change DEST_EXTENSION to CLIDNUM for example
    2. I understand that since version 2.20 of fop2, a script can be run after the recorded call completes. My goal is to be able to use fop2 to manage all recorded calls for all extensions in the system, essentially consolidate the recordings (i.e. I want to avoid having to log into each extension to listen to the recorded conversations). Is there a specific script that is available that will move/consolidate the recordings to be accessed under one fop2 login?

You have to do that from FreePBX. FOP2 is an external application, it is not is function/duty to modify your dialplan behavior. It is usable for on-demand recordings, but not ideal to record all calls, you have to do that from your dialplan (as freepbx has the option to record all calls, it is freepbx that creates the proper dialplan to do so).

3. There are certain extensions that are set to "always record" in FreePBX. Is there a way (script?) that I could review and manage those recordings using fop2?

Also, in FreePBX there are ways to setup post recording scripts, the same way that fop2 sets one to be run when a monitor action is initiated from fop2 itself. Depending on the FreePBX version, that post recording script is executed always, or sometimes. I believe that only the latest version (2.11) executes the post recording script for every possible call recordings that are set via guia (on demand, allways record, inbound, outbound or queue calls).

But this is outside of FOP2 itself, it is an Asterisk/Dialplan setting. You can very well write a post recording script to be called for regular freepbx calls, based on the recordings_fop2.pl, that updates the fop2recordings table, so you can access them via the fop2 recordings interface. However, the fop2 approach is kind of week in that special information is stored in the filename itself, while a post recording script for mixmonitor could be better done by using channel or global variables directly and not relying on the actual filename.

Best regards,