Dial to contacts in phonebook

Hi

We've been evaluating your software and are liking it pretty much. we are however lacking a few simple things.

1: As far as i can tell you cant dial a number in the phonebook by clicking on it? You have to copy the number and then paste it into the dial field on the toolbar? It seems like it should be relatively simple to just make the number clickable so it makes your phone ring and then connect you to the phonebook contacts number, just as if you had pasted it into the dial field.

2: A minor thing which ive seen others request as well are the ability to "steal" take a waiting caller form the queue

If #1 would be implemented I think we would definately purchase the unlimited license version.

Best regards
Jonas Akrouh Larsen
Bonvita Aps

Comments

• Hello,
    Hi

1: As far as i can tell you cant dial a number in the phonebook by clicking on it? You have to copy the number and then paste it into the dial field on the toolbar? It seems like it should be relatively simple to just make the number clickable so it makes your phone ring and then connect you to the phonebook contacts number, just as if you had pasted it into the dial field.

In the dial box start typing, it will search in the phonebook in real time in the background and present you with results, use arrows and click enter to dial. There is no need to OPEN the phonebook to dial numbers. There is no faster and easier way.

2: A minor thing which ive seen others request as well are the ability to "steal" take a waiting caller form the queue

It is not minor. It is a major feature and it breaks the queue system in Asterisk as that call will appear as abandoned in the queue log. There might be ways around it using 'hacks' both in Asterisk dialplan and the queue reporting system. But if I start to add hackish features it will be hard to support and mantain, for users and for us. Parking implementation is delayed because of this too (it works by using a hackish way with a custom dialplan, because Park via AMI is broken on most Asterisk versions).

If #1 would be implemented I think we would definately purchase the unlimited license version.

You should try what I said and is described in the manual. Dial background search works nice and it is pretty fast and convenient. Even faster than clicking on phones on the phonebook.

Best regards,
  • Hi

Call pickup is implemented in 2.10 for every right hand button type (parking, queues and trunks).