fop2 BETA - Parking lot enable

From various conversations on the forum, and my own in another thread I am creating a new thread. If the admin wants to move the posts in

View Post 225 (specifically posts 12 and 13)

to here that would probably keep the forums clean.

otherwise I'll recap below.

Atlantia
Also I am told the parking queue should be shown on the beta above the queues. If you notice in my screenshot http://i.imgur.com/YV58Y.png though, I am connected and sitting in parking lot 701, yet no activity is shown. I also lack the park button mentioned in another post.

I have entered the code in my extensions.conf as suggested in the README.
[fop2-park]
exten => _X.,1,Set(ARRAY(RETURN_EXTENSION,RETURN_CONTEXT)=${CUT(EXTEN,:,1)}\,${CUT(EXTEN,:,2)})
exten => _X.,n,ParkAndAnnounce(|||${RETURN_CONTEXT},${RETURN_EXTENSION},1)
exten => _X.,n,Goto(${RETURN_CONTEXT},${RETURN_EXTENSION},1)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

I assume there may be a parameter in fop2.cfg that enables this feature, but am not clear as to if I missed locating the updated docs in the beta, or more reasonably, they don't exist yet since it is beta. (I understand fully the nature of beta software, so all this is being addressed with a smile).

Thanks

Scott

Thomas
#PARKSLOT=`/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "dialplan show parkedcalls" | grep "=>" | cut -d= -f1 | sed s/\'//g | sed 's/ //g'`
#if [ "X${PARKSLOT}" != "X" ]; then
#echo
#echo "[PARK/default]"
#echo "extension=${PARKSLOT}"
#echo "context=parkedcalls"
#echo "type=park"
#echo "Label=Park ${PARKSLOT}"
#echo
#fi

The parking lot seems to be commented out in autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh for some reason, maybe its not ready yet.

Atlantia
Not using freepbx either so it wouldn't make much of a difference if it wasn't commented out (althought I see your point).
I'll have to look at that script and see what it does, maybe it will clue me into what buttons.cfg wants.

EDIT:

based on that script you would end up with

[PARK/default] ; I assume default is the context in which "parkedcalls" exists?
extension=700
context=parkedcalls
type=park
Label=Park 700

/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "dialplan show parkedcalls" | grep "=>" | cut -d= -f1 | sed s/\'//g | sed 's/ //g'

Comments

• Cheer!

Adding:

[PARK/default]
    extension=700
    context=parkedcalls
    type=park
    Label=Park 700

to buttons.cfg

based on the output of the command: ("700", which is the default vanilla asterisk install parking lot number)
    /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "dialplan show parkedcalls" | grep "=>" | cut -d= -f1 | sed s/\'//g | sed 's/ //g'

did the trick.

Thanks for the extra eyes Thomas!

Hope this helps others. I think that about wraps up my setup with fop2, now to test and implement it on other systems!
  • Another note, I am trying to trouble shoot this now.

When transfering to the parkinglot asterisk says
    == Parked SIP/vitel-outbound-00a0ff40 on 701@parkedcalls. Will timeout back to extension [sip] 190, 1 in 45 seconds
    -- Added extension '701' priority 1 to parkedcalls
    -- Call Parking Called, lot: 701, timeout: 0, context: sip
    [Jan 3 17:18:16] WARNING[16316]: channel.c:3388 ast_request: No channel type registered for ''
    [Jan 3 17:18:16] NOTICE[16316]: channel.c:3220 __ast_request_and_dial: Unable to request channel /(null)
    [Jan 3 17:18:16] WARNING[16316]: app_parkandannounce.c:200 parkandannounce_exec: PARK: Unable to allocate announce channel.

Going to try and troubleshoot this a bit today. It's not a huge deal, considering the interface provides the user with the parking lot number in another way when the transfer is done. I imagine based on the code provided Nicolas is trying to get asterisk to also announce the parking lot number.

I'll let you know.
  • Hi All,

First of all, I want to let you all know I am on vacations, with limited net access. I will try to give a quick heads up on this. Parking is a royal pain to work with via the manager, for one reason.. the manager is not a valid return parking channel. So, in order to make parking work in a similar way than from the phone, you have to choose which way to park, and from the two options involved, you HAVE TO create a special dialplan context for it.

I selected the parkandannounce method because you can let the park-dial context alone (that way you are not going to break configured parking in freepbx installations). Now, parkandannounce is supposed to announce the parking slot via speaker or whatever, but the dialplan I made just have that parameter empty as you cannot announce on the phone parking the call via the manager. You will see the parking slot in fop2 page anyways.

I will get back to work in two weeks..

Best regards!
  • hey sir
    any news on the park slot availability on fop2 ?
    thank you in advance
  • Parking is available in the beta. You have to add a special context into asterisk. And if you run asterisk 1.4.29 trying to park a call will crash your pbx. so you will need to update to 1.4.30 or downgrade to 1.4.28