login never completes

When I try to login after entering my credentials it waits forever (funny how that was in the faq).

I am using freepbx with autogenerated buttons, and the system previously worked, although we have not used it frequently due to missing buttons, so today I registered a license, restarted fop server and tried to check it out, enter extension/password, and it just sits there attempting to contact server.

I tried the test to make sure ast manager connection was working, and it does. Anything else I need to do?

Comments

• Hi,

You might want to see if fop2_server is actually running:
    pgrep fop2_server

or verify it is listening to port 4445:
    netstat -lnp fop2_server

• yes - its running:
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:4445                0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN      11234/fop2_server

• Be sure that the port (4445) is forwarded and not filtered by a firewall.

Also check if the autoconfiguration scripts are indeed reading the users correctly, you can do so by running the autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh script at the linux shell.
    cd /usr/local/fop2
    ./autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh

Be sure to login with a user and password that is listed/generated by that script.

Best regards,
  • The system has been running fine in trial mode for a while now, I have been logging in with freepbx extensions just fine. I have disabled iptables and ip6tables just to be sure, and I have successfully ran the auto user import and auto button setup, and it correctly lists my extensions from freepbx. It just does not work after I registered it.
  • Registered or unregistered the software is the same. If it worked before, it should work now. There must be something else that is not working. Have you changed port numbers in the configs? I am currently on vacations.. I won't be online for live help until january 18th. If you want to mail me directly (or via PM here in the forum) and your machine is ssh accesible I might be able to take a look. It must be something really simple to fix but hard to do it by posts in a forum.

If fop2.cfg is just like the stock fop2.cfg with just the manager user and secret changed, it MUST work. There is no other way around. If you start changing the config, you can break it is subtle ways (like commenting the #exec line, changing the listen_port without touching the web_dir, etc).

Best regards,
  • I am a newbie, so please go easy (i.e. step by step) on linux and asterisk syntax. I am trying to set up FOP 2 on top of a recent installation of Asterisknow, using FreePBX. I think I am getting the same symptoms as described by this thread starter. I can launch the login page at http://www.mydomain.com/fop2, but when I attempt to login using the extension number and password, the webpage sits there for multiple attempts before returning a yellow circle with an exclamation mark saying "Could not connect to server".

I have followed all the installation instructions very carefully and am using the following configuration:

I have defined three extensions 200, 201, 202 (for testing) with one mailbox and password setup on extension 200.

Operating System: CentOS release 5.3 (Final)
    Distribution: fop2-001-i386-glibc2.5-centos5.tgz
    Software Version: FreePBX 2.6.0.1 (all modules report up to date)

Manager.conf username and password are copied to /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg
    FOP(1): /var/www/html/panel/op_server.cfg changed to listen port 4444
    FOP2: /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg master password defined

I have run from the console:

[root@localhost fop2]# ./autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh -> (seems to configure a list of users on the console)
    [root@localhost fop2]# ./autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh -> (seems to configure a list of buttons on the console)

[root@localhost fop2]# /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test
    Flash Operator Panel 2 - No valid license found. Demo Mode
    Connection to manager OK!

[root@localhost fop2]# pgrep fop2_server
    2632 (I don't know if this is a good thing or not)

[root@localhost fop2]# netstat -lnp fop2_server -> (returns a long list of info):

usage: netstat [-veenNcCF] [<Af>] -r netstat {-V|--version|-h|--help}
    netstat [-vnNcaeol] [<Socket> ...]
    netstat { [-veenNac] -I[<Iface>] | [-veenNac] -i | [-cnNe] -M | -s } [delay]

-r, --route display routing table
    -I, --interfaces=[<Iface>] display interface table for <Iface>
    -i, --interfaces display interface table
    -g, --groups display multicast group memberships
    -s, --statistics display networking statistics (like SNMP)
    -M, --masquerade display masqueraded connections

-v, --verbose be verbose
    -n, --numeric don't resolve names
    --numeric-hosts don't resolve host names
    --numeric-ports don't resolve port names
    --numeric-users don't resolve user names
    -N, --symbolic resolve hardware names
    -e, --extend display other/more information
    -p, --programs display PID/Program name for sockets
    -c, --continuous continuous listing

-l, --listening display listening server sockets
    -a, --all, --listening display all sockets (default: connected)
    -o, --timers display timers
    -F, --fib display Forwarding Information Base (default)
    -C, --cache display routing cache instead of FIB
    -T, --notrim stop trimming long addresses
    -Z, --context display SELinux security context for sockets

<Iface>: Name of interface to monitor/list.
    <Socket>={-t|--tcp} {-u|--udp} {-S|--sctp} {-w|--raw} {-x|--unix} --ax25 --ipx --netrom
    <AF>=Use '-A <af>' or '--<af>'; default: inet
    List of possible address families (which support routing):
    inet (DARPA Internet) inet6 (IPv6) ax25 (AMPR AX.25)
    netrom (AMPR NET/ROM) ipx (Novell IPX) ddp (Appletalk DDP)
    x25 (CCITT X.25)

Basically, now I'm a bit stuck as to what to do next in order to get past the login screen.

Also... (slight change of topic), Can FOP2 appear under the "Panel" tab in FreePBX, to replace the old FOP?

Many thanks for all your hard work.

Andy
  • Hi Andy,

It seems fop2 server is running and configured correctly. Questions:

1) Do you have adobe flash installed on your browser?
    2) Are you connecting on the same local lan or across the internet (maybe there is a firewall involved?)

In order to connect to the server, the browser MUST have installed adobe flash player, and it MUST be able to connect to port 4445 on the fop2 server machine. If either of this requirements is not fulfilled, you will experience the "Unable to connect" problem.

How can you verify point 1.. go to youtube or some sight that requries the flash player
    For point 2 is a little more involved, you can open a telnet client on your desktop computer and set it to connect to the server on port 4445. If using windows: file - run - "telnet address.of.server 4445" (Use the same host address that you are using in your browser url). If telent says that is unable to connect, then you have a firewall problem, that could sit between your desktop and server, or maybe it is on the same server... you can verify firewall rules on the linux machine using the following command:

iptables -vnL

Best regards
  • Many thanks for the feedback.
    Yes I have flash player. Here's what I get using the following command.

[root@localhost fop2]# iptables -vnL
    Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
    pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)

The telnet client returned "connection timeout" from port 4445

But from your descriprions, I think I know what's happening. I'm trying to access the server from outside the LAN, and port 4445 is not forwarded to the server through the router. I'll fix that and let you know what happens.

Cheers,

Andy
  • You are right. The port 4445 must be redirected as well as 80 or 443.
  • I am having the same problem of not logging in...

Fop2 in installed on a different machine from asterisk.
    I think the connection to the server is working since if i start it with fop2_server -X 3 (as i saw somewhere in the forum), i can see all the actions going on in asterisk.

When i run fop2_server --test:
    Flash Operator Panel 2 - No valid license found. Demo Mode
    Connection to manager OK!

However, when i try to login to fop2, i just stays saying "Connecting to server, attempt number : 1"...

I suppose the problem may be in the users config in fop2.cfg. I have it like this:

; USER LIST
    user=22784:password:dial,transfer,spy,whisper,hangup,pickup,record

This is an actual extension configured in sip.conf, and its password.
    Is this the info supposed to config here?
    Is it needed to configure any kind of context in fop2.cfg?
    Do you have any other idea?
  • Checklist:

Is fop2_server running?
    pgrep fop2_server

Is it listening on port 4445?
    netstat -lnp | grep 4445

Is port 4445 open?
    iptables -vnL

or
    telnet my.fop2.server 4445

Is port 4445 redirected at your router/firewall to the server if you are connecting from outside the LAN?

Is adobe flash player installed?

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

If you do not use FreePBX and automatic configuration:

Do you have buttonfile=XXX configured in fop2.cfg ?

Does your button file contains characters above 127 and it is not saved as utf-8 ?
  • Yes to all questions:

# pgrep fop2_server

# netstat -lnp | grep 4445
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:4445 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 6153/fop2_serve

{asterisk]# telnet 10.80.129.122 4445
    Trying 10.80.129.122...
    Connected to 10.80.129.122 (10.80.129.122).
    Escape character is '^]'.

I am in the same LAN.
    About flash, i have version 9.0.100.0 installed.

my buttons.cfg file is (i don't have voice mail here, so i removed that lines):
    [SIP/22784]
    type=extension
    extension=22784
    context=sip
    label=Nicolas

My test extension in asterisk is like this:
    [22784]
    callerid=Rui Mota <22784>
    accountcode=730183001
    username=Rui_Mota
    secret=rjmota
    context=sip