ZAP extensions

Does FOP 2 support ZAP extensions in Elastix?

Comments

• Yes, if you want to use automatic configuration you have to edit the file autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh and modify it slightly:

Replace:
    echo "[DAHDI/$DAHDI]"

With:
    echo "[ZAP/$DAHDI]"

Replace:
    echo "channel=DAHDI/$LINEA"

With:
    echo "channel=ZAP/$LINEA"

Finally restart fop2.

Best regards,

--
    Nicolás
  • I've altered the file as you described, and restarted, but the ZAP extension doesn't show up automatically in fop2. I've rechecked the file and the changes I made are still there.

The version of Elastix is 1.5.2 - In the extension settings the heading is "This device uses zap technology (via DAHDI compatibility mode.)

The DAHDI Trunk does show up OK in the trunk list in fop2 and seems to work fine.

Any advice you could give would be most appreciated.
  • Oops. sorry, I believe I misunderstood you. You are talking about ZAP extensions, not trunks right?

In that case you might need to add them manually at the end of the auto configure script.. something like:

echo "[ZAP/3]"
    echo "type=extension"
    echo "extension=300"
    echo "context=from-internal"
    echo "label=John"
    echo "mailbox=300@default"
    echo "extenvoicemail=*300@from-internal"

Replacing the extension and zap number with your correct ones...

Best regards,

--
    Nicolás
  • Thanks Nicolas, That worked fine!
  • Follow-up question regarding this topic. Does FOP2 can monitor the zap extensions activities as in busy or inactive? I was able to create the buttons based on the instructions above but it always show inactive even it is busy.
  • Yes it shows activity of any channel type you can have. There are some other reasons for not seeing activity, like improper manager credentials in fop2.cfg. In that case you will see buttons but never activity, on any type of button at all. Did you verify the manager connection with ./fop2_server --test ?
  • I was able to identify the problem. The automatic script to create buttons does not match my channel and extension number. I created manually my buttons and it works. Thank you so much.