Mix #Exec and Static Configs

Hello,

I am having a problem where my Dahdi extensions and trunks show up but dont work interactively in FOP2.

I am using the latest beta with fop2admin in Trixbox 2.8 with openvox 4 port fxo card A400P

I have been able to make the Dahdi buttons work with a static config, but not with the fop2admin tool.

I read elsewhere in this forum that it is possible to mix static and #exec configs. Is this possible with fop2admin? If so can you give me some pointers on how to get started?

Thank you.

Alex

Comments

• Hello,

It would be great to have it working with fop2admin. I wonder why it does not work with it but it does work with your manual config? You can find out by running the script autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh by hand at the linux console, it will output all the button configuration including trunks. You can compare the trunk config with your working manual config and find the difference. If it is a bug I will be able to fix it.

Now, in order to mix configurations, you can edit autobuttons.cfg and add your static buttons before the #exec line

Best regards,
  • Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for the fast reply.

I have found the problem, Its very odd. A Bug I think.

This is the code snippet for a DAHDI extension as generated by autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh This does not work:
    [ZAP/3]
    type=extension
    extension=1003
    label=Vincent Gitobu
    mailbox=1003@default
    context=from-internal
    queuecontext=from-internal
    extenvoicemail=*1003@default
    privacy=none
    group=Office

And this is the code that is generated manually by me following the buttons.cfg.sample. This Does work. I bolded the differences:
    [DAHDI/3]
    type=extension
    extension=1003
    label=Vincent Gitobu
    mailbox=1003@default
    context=from-internal
    queuecontext=from-internal
    extenvoicemail=*1003@default
    privacy=none
    group=Office
    channel=DAHDI/3

The problem is clear! For some reason the script is not generating Dahdi buttons as Dahdi but as ZAP, and is also not putting the channel= line in place.

Is it possible for you to fix this and release another beta? Now I realize that those folks using ZAP may need it as ZAP so I don't know what mechanism you have to detect between ZAP and DAHDI (I am not a programmer).

Your help appreciated.

Alex
  • I should also add that if I add my DAHDI buttons to autoconfig.cfg before the #exec command it then duplicates my DAHDI buttons and only the buttons that I manually put in autobuttons.cfg work, those automatically generated dont work.

Regards

Alex
  • Hello,

Has anyone else seen this?

Is there any solution?

Thanks

Alex