Auto Buttons and permissions

Hi,

We purchased FOP2 today after a short trial, it's a very nice product, Thank you!

I had a problem with the autobuttons portion in our trial as well as monitoring the SIP channels, we fixed the SIP channels with your help and no we need to fix the autobuttons issue.

In our test we could not get autobuttons to work at all, after purchasing and installing in production, it worked. That good except we need to know how to configure it such that some users have more access than others.

It seems to work right out of the box, but everyone has very basic access and other than setting up static user= lines in the fop2.cfg I don't know how else to give some users more access than others. By adding in static users you lose the nice feature of having the username/password synchronized by using the database lookup.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

--Pete

Comments

• Hello,

If you use freepbx, the latest fop2 version can work together with a freepbx module where you can configure users, permissions, groups, etc. The autoconfig script for this version reads the mysql database tables that are handled with the module.

I am in the process of updating links in the download page for fop version 2.10 and adding the link for the FreePBX module (fop2admin).

If you do not use FreePBX you can still inspect how the script works and write your own. I will eventually write a generic php script to manage the same configs as in the FreePBX module, but it is not a priority.

The idea of the autoconfiguration scripts is that you can write them yourself, as long as the output of the script is valid fop2.cfg data, you will be able to do what you want, including reading permissions from some external text file or database, etc.
  • Hi,

We are using FreePBX. The script is working now, but I just don't know how to manage the users (Buttons) that get created to allow some more access than others.

I read about the FreePBX module, but there is no link for it and I can not find it via Google. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

--Pete
  • As I said, I was updating (still am) the download page, etc.. Check back now that you have the proper links to the files. You probably need to update fop2, check your running version either by looking at the footer of the web display or by running "/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server -v" in the linux terminal.

Best regards,
  • Very well done!

Works perfectly. Thank you again,

--Pete