Remove a Trunk button

Hey all,

Using the lastest beta that will be released April 1st - with a valid license purchase recently.

Using FreePBX - and obvioulsy the freepbx module to manage the Panel etc.

Once we installed fop2 and the freepbx plugin - all just seemed to work. We have all the Extensions listed (albeit showing unistim extension online when they actually arent) and queues and trunks seem OK.

I run the auto config scripts once after install - which i assume created all the lovelly buttons i now see. I have a few quesitons.

1. Changing the label of a trunk/queue - this can be done using the freepbx plugin by going to the "fop2 buttons" page and simply editing the label field. Is this the correct way to do such a thing ?
2. How can we remove a button from displaying. In essence we do not wish to display the default zap/g0 trunk as it will not be used. I could remove it from the Asterisk setup all together - however just removing it from the Panel would be the ideal solution - how do i go about this. Do i have to create a buttons.cfg file and put in every single button i wish to see ? or can i just put in say the trunks section - which will override the trunks currently seen ? (hope that makes sence :))
3. As above with number 2 - when creating a buttons.cfg - are the buttons contained in this file the ONLY ones that will be seen - or are the appropriate sections overridden ?

Thanks
Ambo.

Comments

• 2. How can we remove a button from displaying. In essence we do not wish to display the default zap/g0 trunk as it will not be used.

Me too. I have two trunks that I want to keep around, but aren't presently using. Merely disabling them doesn't remove them from the Trunks buttons. Maybe a disabled trunk shouldn't have a button at all? Maybe there should be a check box "hide" in the freepbx module somewhere (per trunk, or per button)?
  • It seemed like this could be fixed in the sql in the autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh (by only selecting trunks that aren't disabled), but if you have the freepbx module installed, it seems that the buttons' existence is created by the module, not the autoconfig...
  • You can use groups and NOT Include those trunks or buttons you do not want to display, and then assign the group to users.
  • You can use groups
    Ah hah! Perfect.