Extend phonebook with note and 3-4 phone numbers

[list:17huc0x9]Request for at least 3 phone fields to handle local extension, cell, and home.[/list:u:17huc0x9]
[list:17huc0x9]Request for a notes field that would display on an inbound call to aid in call handling - Only the top portion of the notes need display on an inbound pop-up, but the actual record length would ideally allow longish entries for multiple dated entries[/list:u:17huc0x9]

I'm thinking of the notes interface in Spiceworks where it's a scrolling free form text area. Clicking edit link above the note area inserts the date/time at the top of the note area.

This would facilitate a shared reception desk to be able to make notes on frequent callers, both as a notification, and historical logging area. It's a simple task where CRM integration to solve would be overkill.

Comments

• Request for at least 3 phone fields to handle local extension, cell, and home.

It is not that hard to do right now, just alter the visual_phonebook table:
    mysql -uroot -p fop2 -e "alter visual_phonebook add phone3 varchar(50)"

and in checkdir.php search for the mysql query, the part that looks like:
    WHERE phone1 LIKE '%%%s'OR phone2 LIKE '%%%s'

and add the new field there:
    WHERE phone1 LIKE '%%%s' OR phone2 LIKE '%%%s' OR phone3 like '%%%s'

Request for a notes field that would display on an inbound call to aid in call handling - Only the top portion of the notes need display on an inbound pop-up, but the actual record length would ideally allow longish entries for multiple dated entries

I'm thinking of the notes interface in Spiceworks where it's a scrolling free form text area. Clicking edit link above the note area inserts the date/time at the top of the note area.

This would facilitate a shared reception desk to be able to make notes on frequent callers, both as a notification, and historical logging area. It's a simple task where CRM integration to solve would be overkill.

Ok, this is much more complex. The UI has to be designed, making it non intrusive and useful. Is not just a matter of adding a new table.
  • I'm just evaluating some panels for asterisk. FOP2 looks quite interesting so far.

The requested notes field sounds exactly like the feature I am looking for.

Let me say it in my words:
    On incoming calls I would like to see a pop-up (like the one which is already there). Fields should be name, number and some custom notes. The possibility to edit and save this information right in the pop-up would be perfect.

Rgs,
    schogge