FYI Safari not supported in 2.1 [Wrong -works great]

In the habit of using Safari 4.0.5 on Mac OS X and had many features not working for me with FOP 2.1. Finally launched Firefox 3.6.3 and the Visual Address Book works (in Safari it simply says "No Way"), picking up a call works (it was working with Safari in version 2.0) and the Call Park shows the parked call correctly. Might be more, but these are what I have seen. I have no problem at all using Firefox instead - it looks much better actually, just leaving this note in case anyone else spends most of a day working on problems that don't exist.

Comments

• I am trying fop2 right now with safar and the phonebook works just fine. The phonebook requires the phonebook permission that is new and it is not dependant on the browser, but on the permission you set and php sessions. Be sure to clear your browser cache after update, because you might be using the OLD fop2 web application (cached) on the new server and you will run into issues such as you describe. Best regards,
  • Actually I was about to reset the cache when I saw that private browsing had been enabled by mistake. I think that is what caused it not to work. Suddenly everything looks correct, even the park moves to the right place.
  • That makes sense, as session requires cookies to work and that might be affected with private browsing... Best regards,