FreePBX + FOP2 Adding ext to queue

Hey All,

Found an issue which has a long winded explanation but in short:

When adding a user to a queue using FOP2 - the user is added as a SIP user - not Local - hence things like DND are not obeyed etc.

I don't think i can explain it very well but anyways here goes.

When using FreePBX to define agents in a queue etc or when users login using the Feature Codes (QueueNumber* to login etc) then the extension is added to as a local path for the queue. This is done as all queue calls are routed through the local path by FreePBX for multiple reasons.

When using FOP to add and agent it obey's native asterisk agent setup and adds them as a SIP extension (can bee seen in below log files). Thus when FreePBX routes the call to a queue - rather than taking the local path to the users extension - thus checking DND etc etc - it goes directly to it using SIP.

I know this is not exaclty a bug persue on either end (FreePBX nor FOP2) - just thought i would mention it and see if anyone had any ideas on making the required changes to FOP2 to make it add them as Local rather than SIP.

For some more detail - this popped up when Chris Lewis kept getting calls 1st - regardless of having DND enabled. I checked his call stats - and he had answered the least amount of calls as he was in paused mode in the queue for a while I assume doing other work. This wasn't the cause - as it is in round robin mode - so it will do a round robin regardless of how many calls you have taken (I assume).

Logging into the asterisk CLI - I checked out the queues some more - and saw that he was showing as a SIP user - not a Local user. From reading other info prior - I knew that this would cause DND to be disobeyed - hence him getting a call all the time.

SIP means a remote party - which is what FOP does as its logging you in via the webpage - hence it add the user as SIP not Local ... and causes some issues. See example below.

I have submitted a forum post to the FOP forum for the developer to provide some feedback.

Log Files Below.

This part is all OK - and appears as it should with everyone being Local.

==================================================================================================

asterisk2*CLI> show queue
7501 has 0 calls (max 10) in 'rrmemory' strategy (11s holdtime), W:0, C:2, A:2, SL:100.0% within 60s
Members:
Local/570@from-queue/n (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
Local/562@from-queue/n (paused) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
Local/514@from-queue/n (Not in use) has taken 1 calls (last was 1665 secs ago)
Local/579@from-queue/n (Not in use) has taken 1 calls (last was 107 secs ago)
Local/577@from-queue/n (In use) has taken no calls yet
No Callers

===================================================================================================

This part shows that I have added 507 to the 7501 queue using FOP - so it appears as SIP. Thus DND was ignored and his phone rang when a call was dropped into the queue (all other agents were on the phone at the time).

===================================================================================================

7501 has 0 calls (max 10) in 'rrmemory' strategy (0s holdtime), W:0, C:1, A:2, SL:100.0% within 60s
Members:
Local/570@from-queue/n (In use) has taken no calls yet
Local/562@from-queue/n (paused) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
SIP/507 (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
Local/514@from-queue/n (Not in use) has taken 1 calls (last was 1300 secs ago)
Local/579@from-queue/n (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
Local/577@from-queue/n (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
No Callers

Regards,
Ambo

Comments

• You can define whatever you like as a queue memeber using the "queuechannel" directive. It is easy to setup using the freepbx module in the fop2 buttons page. Just set the queuechannel to "Local/xxxx@yyyy/n" and it will work.

Best regards,