Multiple Servers - Help Please

I have installed 3 trixbox Ce servers across 3 sites connected via an IAX trunk and have been using fop2 on one site.
I am now able to monitor the individual extensions. I must mention that I had to add a permit IP to
etc/asterisk/manager.conf for this to work.

My problem is seeing which trunk is online.. I am getting all sorts of wrong information on fop2 when calling the remote extensions on the IAX trunk . Through the main PRI at Head Office , I sometimes get the fop2 displaying a remote trunk for instance.

I know my problem is that should specify ( at least for the trunks) the individual servers . How do I specify the particular server on the buttons.cfg ??

This is my fop2.cfg

[general]
; AMI definitions
manager_host=127.0.0.1
manager_port=5038
manager_user=admin
manager_secret=amp111
;event_mask=call,agent

; Server 2
manager_host = 192.168.32.5
manager_port = 5038
manager_user = admin
manager_secret = amp111
;event_mask=call,agent

; Server 3
manager_host = 192.168.64.5
manager_port = 5038
manager_user = admin
manager_secret = amp111
;event_mask=call,agent

And a remote trixbox /etc/asterisk/manager.conf

;
; Asterisk Call Management support
;
[general]
enabled = yes
port = 5038
bindaddr = 127.0.0.1

[admin]
secret = amp111
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=192.168.0.5
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user

Comments

• FOP2 cannot track same channel names accross servers. If you trunk has the same name on the three servers, the information will be counted on just one of the trunk definitions. This applies to devices in asterisk (or channels), it is not related to the button type in fop2.. You cannot monitor an extension SIP/100 on separate server, as all calls are going to be grouped on the 1st SIP/100 definition for your buttons.cfg no matter the server it is on.

Best regards,
  • So if each of my locations has Aastra phones which are automatically named phone-aastra-1, phone-aastra-2, etc I would have to rename the phones at all but one location in order to use one FOP2 interface to view and manage all locations, correct? If location A has phone-aastra-1 and so does location B this isn't going to work even if a line is added in the button configuration to specify what server to associate that button with.
  • Exactly. If you have the same device name in more than one server, all instances/sessions will be grouped on the SIP/aastra-whatever. So you will see in that buttons calls from server 1, server 2, etc..

Multiple server monitoring works if you have unique device names across asterisk servers.