Jumping Extensions

I had a trouble ticket come in that stated when monitoring on fop2, when the monitored extension is hung up fop2 jumps to a random extension to monitor... Is there a configuration setting to correct this my monitors need to be locked to the extension they are monitoring until hung up by the Monitoring agent. Please advise

Comments

• Hello,

Chanspy will start monitoring the channel specified as the 1st parameter, as a prefix. FOP2 will use the complete channel name, like SIP/100. So, there is no way for chanspy to monitor SIP/200 if you started it that way, but you have the posibility of star to spy SIP/1000 or sip/1001. I have not tried myself on the exact behaviour on chanspy, and I am not sure if there is an option to end the call when the monitoring channel terminates. At least not in Asterisk 1.4, perhaps there is an option in 1.6? The next release will have the option to pass options to chanspy, so you can limit monitoring for the spygroup variable, or any other chanspy option available.

Best regards,
  • We have this same problem. When they click to listen to a user it may just listen into a random extension.
  • The only way to find the root of the cause is to start fop2_server in debug mode with level 15, capturing output. Then stop capturing when the problem occurs, and knowing that someone tried to spy on extension XXX and got YYY instead. If FOP2 is sending the right commands to Asterisk, then we have to inspect the asterisk full log carefully, as it is an Asterisk issue. If FOP2 is sending the wrong command, then it is a FOP2 issue that should be addressed.

Best regards,