One way audio from dial

I set up a new FOP2 install this weekend on a Paetec SIP service and I am getting one way audio. The settings are the same as in my other installs. Dialing from the phone audio is fine, dialing from FOP2 the number called you cannot hear what they say. Paetec has a different setup than my other SIP providers so I assume that is the issue. Wondering where I can try to hunt for a solution. For now I just turned the phonebook off so no one tries to use it.

BTW: Bought two licenses this weekend, one for this client and one for another. Love FOP2!

Comments

• Hello,

FOP2 does not do audio, it just commands asterisk to perform originations, redirections, etc.

Setting a call up FROM asterisk (fop2) is not the same as calling directly from one endpoint out to a trunk or another endpoint, because when you originate a call from asterisk it first sends a call to your endpoint and from there to the other side. So the audio path might be different in the end.

However, this is not something you can fix with a fop2 configuration. You will have to review your asterisk configuration. If your pbx is behind NAT, be sure to set externip and localnet correctly in sip.conf and having the nat parameter on the peers/trunk that require them. Troubleshooting one way audio is cumbersome and complicated, so I wish you good luck on fixing it!

Best regards,
  • To fix I verified the external IP, which turned out to somehow be wrong, but it was adding a canreinvite=no that appears to have resolved the problem.