cannot start fop2

I installed and configured fop2 on our trixbox installation. We dont have voicemail configured on anay extension. So I commented the #exec line and created a new user through the freepbx admin module, and gave permission to all. When I run ./fop2_server, it just sits there without doing anything. I changed fop2 listening port to 4444.

Comments

• when I did ./fop2_server --daemon, it started. But now when I go to http://TBip/fop2, I enter the user I created, and it just says conencting to server attempt 1,2,3.... and then times out.

service fop2 status says its running.
  • solved my problem. changed fop1 to listen to 4444 and kept fop2 on 4445. Now both work fine.
  • glad to hear you find the problem.. but be sure to uncomment the #exec line in fop2.cfg if you use the fop2admin module! You have to comment it only if you plan to use only manual configurations, or change it if you plan to use your own scripts.

Best regards,
  • How does the exec line work if none of my extensions have voicemail setup?
  • If you use the fop2admin module, it will read users secrets from the fop2 users web admin page. You must set passwords there.