FOP2 Installation on Media-Gateway possible?

Hello!

i have a customer who wants to replace his old tenovis operator panel with an open source solution.

He already has an asterisk bases mediagateway with some sip phones connected, and 2 dahdi PRI cards.
One PRI span is connected to the PSTN and the other one is connected to his old pbx (manufactured by tenovis with 200 extensions).

Now i would like to know if it is possible to use fop2 on the media gateway for operating purposes.
Respectively if is poosible to manage the sip phones and the tenovis extensions (which are connected via PRI) the same way.
For the operator it should be transparently to which pbx (tenovis or mediagatway) the extensions is connected...

So it shall be possible to transfer calls between sip phones and remote-tenovis-extensions and vice versa.

One possible problems i see here is, sip phones can be adressed via a concrete channel name like SIP/1234, but the tenovis extensions are adressable only via a regex or something like that....like DAHDI/g2/1234 for the tenovis extensions 1234....

Any hints on that?
That you!

Regards,
Sebastian

Comments

• As you have guessed, fop and fop2 both track device names. If your connection between asterisk and the tenovis is not static, then you won't be able to monitor calls. If extension 1000 in tenovis maps to DAHDI/13, then it might work, but if the DAHDI channel varies from call to call, then you are out of luck.

FOP1 can monitor using regexps or clid, but I do not think you will be able to pull a full working fop or fop2 in your scenario.

Best regards,