How To Get FOP2 To Monitor A VICIDIAL Server

OK I have two servers, Server 1 is my FreePBX system that holds FOP2, server two is my dialer that I am wanting FOP2 to monitor. I can monitor everything on server 1 with FOP2, when I follow the instructions for the tutorial on monitoring multiple asterisk servers. I can not seem to get the server to connect to my Vicidial Server. Vicidial is using Asterisk 1.2.30.2, and my FreePBX is using Asterisk 1.4.33.1. All I am trying to due is simply monitor the asterisk that is running Vicidial. I have manually created the buttons like suggested with the remote extentions, configured the fop2.conf file, and the remote asterisk manager.conf. and I get an error when I run ./fop2_server -X 3 stating:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
** MANAGER CONNECTION Couldn't connect to 99.X.X.12:5038 (Server 1)
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at script/fop2_server.pl line 7563.

Cannot send command to (unauthenticated or connection failed)

** MANAGER CONNECTION Connecting to 99.X.X.12:5038 (Server 1)
** MANAGER CONNECTION Connecting to 99.X.X.12:5038 (Server 1)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
My FOP2.CONF
; Server 1
manager_host = 99.X.X.12 <--- This is pointing to my remote box
manager_port = 5038
manager_user = admin
manager_secret = amp111

user=705:705:dial,phonebook
user=703:703:all:dial,transfer,spy,whisper,hangup,pickup,record,meetme,queueagent,phonebook
user=706:706:dial,phonebook
user=708:708:dial,phonebook
buttonfile=buttons.cfg
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Buttons.conf

[SIP/705]
type=extension
extension=705
label=Mark Low*
mailbox=705@default
context=from-internal
queuecontext=from-queue
extenvoicemail=*705@default
privacy=none

[SIP/706]
type=extension
extension=706
label=Nick Mistakos*
mailbox=706@default
context=from-internal
queuecontext=from-queue
extenvoicemail=*706@default
privacy=none

[SIP/707]
type=extension
extension=707
label=Carlos*
mailbox=707@default
context=from-internal
queuecontext=from-queue
extenvoicemail=*707@default
privacy=none

[SIP/708]
type=extension
extension=708
label=Shawn Riley*
mailbox=708@default
context=from-internal
queuecontext=from-queue
extenvoicemail=*708@default
privacy=none

[SIP/703]
type=extension
extension=703
label=Mike Lambert*
mailbox=703@default
context=from-internal
queuecontext=from-queue
extenvoicemail=*703@default
privacy=none
____________________________________________________________________________________________
My Remote Asterisk manager.conf
[admin]
secret = amp111
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=99.X.X.12/255.255.255.248
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate

______________________________________________________________________________________________
can someone tell me if there is something that I am doing wrong? I have tried everything I no, and nothing is working. My remote extensions show up as green buttons on the FOP2 screen when I log in. but nothing is happening when the extension is being used. Yes I did buy the $40.00 Key to activate my program. Thanks if someone could help me.

Travis Lambert

Comments

• Hello Travis,

Asterisk in your remote server is refusing connections. Recheck the credentials and the permit lines to see if your remote ip is allowed to connect to the manager port.

Best regards,
  • Hello Nicolas,

I just want to say thanks for your help. When you told me that my remote server was rejecting the connection. I start to think on the lines of a firewall. So I then checked my IP Tables on my Cent Box, and sure enough port 5038 was not listed as an exception in firewall tables. Once I added the exception in the IP Tables to allow port 5038 to pass traffic on everything seem to work just. If anyone has this issue with FOP2 connecting to a remote server, make sure that Linux firewall is allowing port 5038 to pass traffic other wise you will get an manger error message :

[error message]
    ** MANAGER CONNECTION Connecting to X.X.X.X:5038 (Server 1)
    ** MANAGER CONNECTION Couldn't connect to X.X.X.X:5038 (Server 1)

Thanks Nicolas, you did a really nice job on the interface, we really in joy F0P2 a lot better than F0P1.
  • Is there a way to align the buttons in a certain order?
  • The buttons will show as listed in the button config file, starting from the top left, with the exception of your logged in user extension that will appear first. If you change the order in the config file, it will be reflected in the display. If you want to visually group extensions, you can use the "group" directive in the button configuration.

Best regards,
  • So far every thing is seeming to run great, I will give you heads up if I run into any issues when I really put demand on the servers.I will try the button thing though later on in the week, I am programming on some other projects so I will post out to let you no. Thanks again for your help buddy...