Outbound and Inbound call reporting per agent

I need to provide an accurate report for time spent on the phone for a number of users. Some of my users are answering calls, others are making them. In both cases management is attempting to monitor the number of calls and time spent on the phone. We are presently using a tool that leans on FOP(1). We have an issue where calls that are transferred between users of the asterisk system are not properly attributed to the person who is actually spending the time on the call. I have cases where a support technician may work with a client for 15 minutes, then transfer them to elevated support where they may spend another 10 minutes. In this case both agents should have recorded time credit on that call.

I cannot tell from the screen captures whether FOP2 would provide an answer to this issue. Can you help me understand how I could use FOP2 and/or Asternic Call Stats to achieve my goal of tracking inbound and outbound calls on a per agent basis, where time spent on calls is attributed to the agent who spends time on the call?

Comments

• FOP nor FOP2 are the appropiate tools. Asternic Call Center will work but only for queue calls. And transfers are always an issue. Transfers are not stored correctly in CDRs and either in the queue_log file for computing the time for each party as you need. There is work being done in Asterisk 1.6 and 1.8 for fixing CDRs/Transfers, but I am not sure what is the current state.

As Asternic reports on the queue_log file, if you transfer a call outside a queue (directly to another agent), you will also have issues trying to assign the correct times to each agent, unless you use personal queues for each. And as queues are inherently inbound, they track inbound only. There is a special context that can be used for outbound that will write events in the queue_log file, but it will probably have issues with transfers and times too.

Best regards,