Device / User... which user is on the device?

Hi everyone,

I just installed FOP2 on my asteriskNOW (asterisk 1.6) and I'm having a problem to check who is using a specific device.

I am using asterisk in DEVICEANDUSER mode. This allow my users to logon different devices in the company. but the thing is, in the web interface I cannot check who is logged on a specific device. How can I check that?

Thank you for your help,

Comments

• In device and user mode, the user is the extension number. So you see the users directly, you are not going to see who is logged, you will see just the extension/user number state no matter the real device they are using.

Best regards,
  • Yes I got that but it could be interesting to know who's logged on a device. For exemple if you have 5 people in your technical support department but only 3 physical devices. They are switching their shifts so that there is always someone ready to pickup the phone. However I do not know who is on which device!
  • device and user mode is a freepbx invention/hack. It is not a fop2 feature. If you set your freepbx to use user and device mode, the only thing that matters is the extension, not the device. So if you have 3 real persons or 10, you are not going to know who they are. You just know that extension XXXX is reachable or not.

You can see which device an extension is using by querying the astdb for it, I do not remember exactly the family, but it should be easy to search for it.

Best regards,