Dynamic AgentLogin causes fop2 to crash

Hi,

first of all thank your for the great job on fop2. It's very cool and working well.

One problem we found is when an dynamic agent wants to login or logoff to queues.

Error: Can't call method "setMemberName" on an undefined value at script/fop2_server.pl line 2281
appears if the agent wants to login.
Error: Can't call method "setMemberName" on an undefined value at script/fop2_server.pl line 2255
appears if the agent wants to logoff.
And so FOP2 crashes.

The agents and queues are coming out of a mysql database.

Do you need any further information?

Cheers ,
Marc

Comments

• Hello Marc,
    Hi,

first of all thank your for the great job on fop2. It's very cool and working well.

One problem we found is when an dynamic agent wants to login or logoff to queues.

Error: Can't call method "setMemberName" on an undefined value at script/fop2_server.pl line 2281
    appears if the agent wants to login.
    Error: Can't call method "setMemberName" on an undefined value at script/fop2_server.pl line 2255
    appears if the agent wants to logoff.
    And so FOP2 crashes.

The agents and queues are coming out of a mysql database.

Do you need any further information?

What tarball did you download? What I will need is to have the debug output from fop2_server when you try to add or remove members. You will have to start it like:

/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server -X 15

And then try to add or remove the members. To capture the output I use "script", so you can do:

cd /usr/local/fop2
    script output.log
    ./fop2_server -X 15

After capturing please send me the log directly so I can trace the problem.

Best regards,

--
    Nicolás
  • Hi,

When using dynamic queue members using Local channels, the button configuration should match the extension and context that is used in the Local channel name. For example, if you add a member like:

Local/1234@agents/n

The button file has to have a button with extension=1234 and context=agents. That way fop2 will be able to rename the button to the memberinterface name set on your dialplan (if you use the member interface parameter).

Anyways, the crash was indeed a bug, because that misconfiguration should not crash the server. The problem is now fixed for the centos 5 32 bit package.

I have yet to streamline the daemon production using virtualization in order to compile versions for every platform at the same time.

Thanks for your report!

--
    Nicolás