Immediate dial function

I'd love to have a modified dial function. Today when a phonebook entry is selected and we hit dial, the own extension rings first, we need to pick it up, and THEN the B party is dialled.

Could I get a tweaking of this (selected by an optional parameter)?
By hitting the dial button, my own extension is rather bridged immediately (independent of its hook state) and the B party is dialled right away. The reason is that ringing my own extension disturbs the people around and I am picking my phone up anyway with one hand while clicking the dial button with the other.

If you could give me a hint where the "dial function" asterisk macros are, I may be able to check it and try to modify it to my needs.
Thanks

Comments

• You can use originatechannel in your button configuration and create an extension that will set the sip headers for auto answering the call, in freepbx the standard code for doing that is *80 if I recall correctly, so if your extension is number 100, you can put in originatechannel: Local/*80100@from-internal

So when you dial or perform any other action that will ring your phone it will set your phone to auto answer and pick the call right up.